Nowadays everyone has shifted to Office 365 as it is a compilation of all Microsoft products. Many users prefer it for sending and receiving emails. But as the exceptions are always there, some users want to backup Office 365 emails to PST which can be later on imported to MS Outlook. Some users take the Office 365 backup just to remain on a safer side and therefore during uncertainties they can resolve the problems.
Need for Backing Up Office 365 Emails
Office 365 usually stores all the data on the cloud and they are easily accessible. Sometimes the hacking activities also take place and you might lose all your precious data. On the other hand, the accidental deletion of emails from Office 365 also affects the smooth working of an organization. Therefore, it becomes necessary for the user to take the Office 365 email backup. Some users take email backup as PST because the PST file can easily be imported in MS Outlook.
Relevant Methods to Backup Office 365 Emails to PST
There are basically two ways through which you can take Office 365 backup in the form of a PST file. The manual method is quite tricky and it needs a lot of technical expertise. But using the Office 365 backup tool will reduce your efforts to just a few clicks. So it is your decision whether to take a shortcut or follow a lengthy method.
Backup Office 365 Emails via Content Search eDiscovery Method
- This tool is usually used for searching and finding email folders of the exchange online. Once all the emails are discovered, you can export it to the PST file. In order to create a free backup of Office 365 emails in PST, you need to login to Office 365 and go to the Exchange Admin Center.
- Before going to the next step, confirm that you are a member of the eDiscovery Manager Role Group. If you are not a member of that group, then kindly add yourself to it.
- Now you have to go to the content search option. In the content search, look for the emails that you want to backup as PST. You can also use the filter option for selecting only the important emails. Once you are done, you can export your search PST.
- Once all the emails from Office 365 are exported to PST, you can easily download the search results into your PC.
- Now, you have to enter the export key which you have already obtained while downloading the search results. You can save all Office 365 emails in the form of a PST file and access them at the time of their need.
Well, the above steps are quite complex and without prior technical expertise, they are difficult to apply. Therefore, you can use an automated solution to backup Office 365 emails to PST.
Office 365 Export Tool
Office 365 Export tool is a professional software specially designed to take the backup of Office 365 emails into various file formats. If the manual methods don’t suit you then you can give a try to this automated tool. You just have to login into software and see the Office 365 to PST conversion.
Features of the Software
- Backups Office 365 Emails with Attachments as PST.
- Simply designed Interface for better Experience.
- Office 365 Credentials are mandatory to Enter.
- Creates a CSV File of the whole backup process.
- Available for all the versions of Windows and Mac.
Steps to Backup Emails from O365 to PST
- Launch Office 365 Export Tool and then Select Office 365 Backup.
- Enter the Credentials of your Office 365 account.
- Choose the File Format Save as PST and then click on Next.
- Apply Date Range Filter and use the Naming Convention (if necessary)
- Define the saving location and click on the Next
Now, the saving process will start and you can see the progress. After the completion of the process, you’ll receive a confirmation message.
These are the only two methods that you can apply to backup Office 365 emails to PST with attachments. The manual method needs a lot of technical expertise and therefore the novice users should avoid using that method. You can use the Office 365 Export tool for fast and easy conversion. The decision is all yours and I hope you have learned a lot from this blog.