Summary: Have you lost your valuable Outlook emails and want to recover deleted PST file data? To solve your problem, we bring you the best solution. DRS PST Recovery Tool. It helps restore your deleted/corrupted/inaccessible mailbox data without changing the file integrity. Check out the free demo version of the application.
Outlook PST files are of utmost importance as they store your valuable mailbox data in your system. However, sometimes, due to accidental file deletion, you need to recover deleted PST files. Most of the applications have a restore mechanism that helps their users to recover their lost data.
Outlook mailbox has the deleted items folder that allows you to restore your emails that have been deleted. However, it has a limitation in that you can only recover deleted Outlook data file emails before the retention period. After that, it will be deleted permanently.
If the emails are deleted permanently, there are still possible solutions to restore them unless the drive is overwritten. So, in this article, we will learn about all the methods we have mentioned till now. But before that, let us take a look at the reason for PST file deletion.
Why is the Outlook PST File Deleted?
The Outlook PST files are deleted due to many reasons. We will show you some of the most common of them.
- If you empty the deleted items folder, you will lose your emails from the deleted folder. They are permanently deleted.
- Accidental deletion of emails is another reason for losing your mailbox data.
- The retention period of emails is over and all the items from the deleted items folder have been lost.
These are the major reasons that lead to the permanent deletion of your mailbox data. Now, it is time to learn how to recover deleted PST files.
Also Read: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails in Outlook 2020, 2016 & Below
Manual Solution to Recover Deleted PST File?
There are two significant approaches to recover deleted emails from a PST file. The manual method allows you to restore emails using the inbuilt features of MS Outlook. It is a free-of-cost solution. On the other hand, an alternative solution is an advanced approach. It enables you to restore even permanently deleted emails. Let us first check different manual methods.
1. Restore Emails From Deleted Items Folder
- Open MS Outlook in your system and select the desired email account.
- Click on the Deleted Items Folder option and check for emails you want to restore.
- Right-click on them and choose the Move option. Select the folder in which you want to relocate your emails.
- To restore recently deleted items from the deleted items folder, click on the option available.
- After that, select the emails you want to restore and hit the OK button.
- Now, check your deleted items folder. Your recently deleted emails will get restored.
2. Use Backup and Restore
- Open the Control Panel in your system.
- Locate the Backup and Restore options and click on the Restore button.
- Click on the Browse button to locate the backup you created once.
- After that, choose the destination to restore your data.
After performing the above procedure, you will surely be able to recover deleted PST file emails. These methods are suitable for restoring emails from deleted items folder of Outlook. However, they are not that effective if you want to restore a deleted Outlook PST file by mistake.
So, what should you do?
You should opt for the professional PST file recovery software.
Automated PST Recovery Software
DRS PST Recovery Tool is the best solution to recover deleted PST files. The application is built with various advanced features to recover maximum data with the correct hierarchy. You can set file encryption and save the recovered data in different file formats. Along with that, the application offers a simple and interactive GUI to help non-technical users with easy file recovery.
After reading the article, it can be concluded that it is possible to restore your deleted Outlook emails. If the emails are available in the deleted items folder, you can easily restore them. If you have deleted those emails permanently, opt for the professional PST recovery software for maximum data recovery.