Summary:- Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system(RDBMS) that allows users to perform the transaction process, business intelligence and analytics applications in corporate IT environments. However, unauthorized access or viruses may restrict your working and corrupt your SQL server files, so securing the SQL Server database files by taking backup is always suggested. SQL Server offers a feature to export data in Excel/CSV/JSON formats. Thus, you can easily export table data into a CSV file in SQL Server and overcome the possibility of SQL database corruption or damage, SQL Server crash or downtime, etc.
This article explains how to export SQL Server tables to a CSV file using the SQL Server Management Studio, BCP Utility, and Professional Tool, i.e., DRS SQL Database Recovery, which allows you to export table from SQL server to CSV file format, whether the SQL database files(MDF and NDF) is corrupt or healthy.
Top Methods to Export Table Data into CSV File in SQL Server
Multiple possible ways allow you to export all tables from SQL server to CSV. Here, we will discuss the manuals and an automatic method to export SQL table to CSV. Follow the steps of each solution correctly.
Method 1: Export Table Data into CSV File Using SQL Server Management Studio
SQL Server Management Studio comes up with the Import/Export option, which allows you to export SQL Server tables into a CSV file format. But for some users, the steps might be complicated, let’s check the working process:
- First, open the SQL Server Management Studio on your SQL.
- Then connect to an SQL Server instance.
- Go to the Object Explorer and select the SQL Server database.
- Right-click on it and go to Tasks>>Export data.
- A SQL Server Import and Export wizard opens on your screen; click the Next button.
- Here, on the Choose a Data Source wizard, perform the following options:
- Select Data source as SQL Server Native Client 11.0 from the drop-down list.
- Select the SQL Server instance from the drop-down arrow.
- Select an Authentication mode.
- Select the database from the drop-down arrow.
- Once done, click the Next button.
- Now, you must choose a Destination page and select Destination as the Flat File Destination.
- Click the Browse option to select the saving path location of the CSV file and click Next.
- On the Configure Flat File Destination page, you also have to select the Source or table view.
- Now, click the Preview option to check out the data that needs to be exported. Tap Next.
- In the Save and Run Wizard, you must check the Run immediately option is selected and click the Next button.
- After that, click the Finish option to complete the Wizard working with all the export information.
- The exportation process of table data into a CSV file is completed; you can check out all the export information, such as Total, Success, Error, and Warning.
- You can also click the Report option to view and save the export report. Click Close.
- Finally, go to the selected location where your exported data into a CSV file is saved, and open that particular file to preview its data.
Method 2: Export SQL table to CSV Using the BCP Utility in Command Prompt
BCP, formerly known as the Bulk Copy Program application, is the free service in Command Prompt that allows users to export table data into CSV files. Follow the steps to do so:
- Go to search and type Command Prompt to open it.
- Here, you have to run the BCP. A command to view multiple switches for the BCP utility.
- Using the S switch, use this command to export a specific table from the SQL Server database to the CSV file. It allows you to connect to the SQL Server instance.
- C:\Users\Username> bcp <database name>.<schema name>.<table name> out <csv file saving path> -S<sql server instance name>
- Lastly, your SQL Server table data is exported into a CSV file at your desired location.
Issues Users May Face with the Manual Methods
- The procedure is too lengthy and time-consuming.
- One of the single mistakes and your data is at risk.
- If there is corruption in the SQL database file, the steps don’t work.
- Users need technical skills and expertise to perform methods.
If you are worried about these limitations. No need to worry! Here we also mention another best solution that allows you to export data from SQL Server to CSV file without any restrictions. Although, if you have an SQL backup file(.bak) which gets corrupted or damaged due to any issue, you can use the DRS Softech SQL Backup Recovery Tool.
An Expert Solution to Export Data From Table to CSV File in SQL Server
SQL Database Recovery Tool is a safe and simplified solution to repair the SQL database files, i.e., MDF, NDF, and LDF. It recovers all the data from the corrupt SQL Server database files. It restores all objects of SQL Database Files successfully into SQL Server Database and SQL Server compatible SQL script.
Let’s see how to export SQL table to CSV:
- Download and Install the SQL Database Recovery.
- Run the software as an administrator and click the Open button.
- A tab pop-up on your screen; click Browse to select the SQL database files. Note:- This software works with corrupt or healthy SQL database files.
- Select the recovery mode as per the level of SQL file corruption.
- Then, allocate the log file path and click the Ok button.
- This will show you all the SQL database folders.
- Check the folders you want to export and click the Save CSV data button.
- Finally, your SQL database files are exported into CSV format at your chosen location.
In this blog, we discussed all the methods that can help you to export table data into CSV file in SQL Server. In addition, we also recommend the Best SQL Database Recovery, which you can use whether your SQL database files are damaged or healthy, as it easily exports the table from the SQL server to a CSV file.