Microsoft Outlook errors are not a new thing for users, now and then users face several issues in accessing their important mailbox data in Outlook. One of such issues is “name not matching error”, users face this error while trying to add a new user mailbox with the Exchange server from Outlook auto discovery.
Users will face a warning popup “The action cannot be completed. The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list”.
If you are also facing this issue and searching for a perfect solution to fix Outlook PST files to regain the access to your important mailbox data, then you are at the right place. Here we will discuss the best and recommended manual and advanced Outlook repair third-party solution to resolve the name not matching error in Outlook.
What are the Reasons For Name Not Matching Error in MS Outlook?
There are some possible reasons because of which users face this error, we have mentioned some of the possible causes below –
- In case if you use the MS Exchange analyzer tool, then this might trigger the issue.
- Absence of the active directory with Exchange recipient services.
- If the user account is not related to the mailbox or user has manually configured it to be hidden from the GAL, then this error might occur.
How To Fix This Error?
Users first need to ensure the existence of the user mailbox and visibility in the address list. Follow the below steps in Exchange admin centre to fix the error issue.
- Open the Exchange Admin Center.
- Select the Recipients option.
- Now go to the mailboxes and find the user.
- Double click on the user account and then unmark the box hidden from the address list.
Once the user is visible in the list, check again whether the issue is solved or not. To do so, follow the below steps –
- Open the Outlook program to create a profile.
- Sign in as a user in Outlook.
- Now go to the Exchange Admin Center again.
- Click on the Recipients and then mailboxes. Find the user.
- Double click on the user account and then check the box hidden from the address list.
If the issue still remains unresolved, then you can use the alternative way of clearing the credentials and repairing the Office application. Follow the provided steps for clearing the credentials.
- Launch the Outlook application.
- Go to the File and select Office Account.
- Click on sign out in the user account info section and logout from all the existing user accounts.
- Now shut down all the Office apps running on your system.
- From the Start menu, find the Credential manager.
- Open and then click on the Windows credentials.
- Now delete all the credentials of Office accounts.
- Press Win+R and type Regedit in the search window.
- In the registry editor, go to — HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity
- Delete the Identity folder and then restart the system.
Once the system opens again it will repair the office application. Hopefully the name not matching error will get resolved. However, if still you are facing this issue then probably the issue is occurring due to the corruption or damage of the Exchange mailbox data. To solve the issue, you can use the alternate professional automated OST repair tool to repair OST files.
Automated Solution to Fix Outlook Related Issues
There are many reasons for the Outlook error which are not easy for users to fix without any professional help. To resolve this issue, I would like to suggest you a professional automated solution for Exchange OST recovery. Use the advanced DRS OST recovery tool which can easily restore all the corrupt or inaccessible Outlook OST files and allows to convert them to PST, MBOX, MSG, EML, DBX, etc. Users can easily repair Outlook files without any difficulties. The utility offers several amazing features for it’s users.
- Swiftly recovers all the corrupt or inaccessible OST data and allows to export the recovered data to PST, MSG, MBOX, EML, DBX, etc. file formats.
- Offers three recovery modes i.e, Standard, Advanced, and Deep mode.
- Provides a preview feature to preview the recovered data prior to saving.
- Supports all the versions of Outlook.
- Recovers all the mailbox items like emails, tasks, calendars, contacts, etc.
- The free demo version is also available to evaluate the performance of the software for free.
In this blog, we have discussed the recommended solutions to fix the name not matching error. We have seen the manual as well as the automated OST repair tool to resolve the issue. As there can be numerous reasons for the problem and there can be chances that manual methods would not help you to resolve the issue. So, it is suggested to use the professional automated OST recovery tool to fix the issue without any hassle.