Are you looking for easy ways to import OST file into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and previous versions? If yes, then this article is for you. Here, you will get two remarkable solutions (manual and professional) regarding OST migration. So, lets read the blog to the end.
OST files or Offline Storage Table are the Outlook data file that stores an offline copy of your Outlook mailbox. Such files tend to provide all your mailbox emails in the absence of the Internet. It proves to be a great help in areas with low internet connectivity.
Often, you need to upload your local OST files to the desktop Outlook application. In the absence of a traditional approach, you ought to change OST to the favorable PST file format. After that, migration of offline data will become feasible for every user.
Before jumping directly to the procedure to import OST file Outlook, let us first learn some foundational reasons that create the necessity for such a migration.
What Leads to Import OST file into Outlook?
It requires significant causes to migrate your Outlook data file to Outlook. Without considering the root causes, it has no meaning to export your mailbox. Check out the prominent reasons for shifting OST data files to Outlook.
File corruption is one of the worst issues with OST files. Although repairing the file is a considerable approach, importing the priceless data will be an unexcelled solution for this dilemma.
While sharing the data or adding your mailbox account, OST files are worthless. They are created as offline copies of mailboxes. So, converting OST files into Outlook PST facilitates the process.
Deleting an email from your Exchange server impacts Offline OST files. It results in OST file corruption which again leads to inaccessible data. Then, you further require to restore OST file Outlook 2016 through an appropriate technique.
Now, you have finished reading the prominent causes for OST migration which are enough to develop a requirement to seek a suitable procedure. It’s time to describe every step to import OST file into Outlook.
How to Import OST file into Outlook?
You have techniques that will take considerable time but give you notable results. You will succeed in importing OST files in return for time and effort. On the contrary, some methods require the least time and trivial effort. The former is known as manual methods, while the latter is termed as professional solutions.
Let’s check how Outlook import OST by adopting manual techniques.
#1. Using the AutoArchive Feature of Outlook
- Launch the Outlook application in your system.
- Now, click on the File button in the top menu bar.
- After that, choose the Options tab from the left pane.
- In the new wizard, select the Advanced
- Click on the AutoArchive Settings button.
- Now, define the frequency of the Archiving and other features.
- At last, click on the OK button to save the changes.
#2. Using the Import/Export Feature
- Open the Outlook application and log in your details.
- Click on the File option and choose the Open & Export
- After that, select the Import/Export icon.
- In the new wizard, choose the Export to a file option and press Next.
- Now, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) Hit the Next button.
- Choose the desired mailbox folders that you want to export and click Next.
- After that, assign a saving location to the file.
- At last, click on the Finish button to complete the migration.
#3. Migrate Mailbox Emails to New PST file
- Open the MS Outlook application in your system.
- Click on the New Items button in the top menu bar.
- Choose More Items from the list.
- After that, click on the Outlook Data File option.
- In the next wizard, give a saving location and custom name to the file.
- Now, open the required mailbox folders that you want to migrate.
- Drag the emails and drop them to the newly created folder.
Besides being effective, manual methods to import OST file into Outlook have become obsolete. Only users with technical expertise opt for such intricate steps. Now, we will examine other significant limitations of the above procedure.
Downsides of Standard Approach in Exporting Mailbox
If you want to open OST file in Outlook 2016, you need not change the file format. However, to sustain the data for long and for data protection, it becomes mandatory to import OST file into Outlook 2013, 2016, or any other version. Now, let’s see why you should not opt for manual methods.
- It consumes excess time and effort in shifting the mailbox data.
- OST files may get corrupted during the process. Fortunately, you can use the DRS OST Recovery Tool to restore the data.
- Some steps might get changed with a software update. So, you need to learn different techniques for different versions.
Now, you have understood that adopting the standard procedure may end up damaging your file. You need a more innovative and convenient approach to import the data.
An Effective Approach to Import OST File in Outlook
DRS OST to PST converter fulfills the requirements of a technical or novice user. It enhances productivity by reducing the time spent migrating. Also, giving you all the advanced features make the migration easy and effective for users. The sole purpose of designing the tool is to eliminate the complicated manual methods. Thus, you must try the software at least once.
Describing every nuance of the OST migration, we end the article with a recommendation of using a professional utility to import OST file into Outlook. You can customize the outcome as per your need because the tool provides you with all the advanced features.