Gmail is the most preferred email client available across the globe and power-packed with various features such as Drive, Forms, Photos, etc., making it a delightful treat for everyone. If you are a user with multiple email accounts and want to move emails from one Gmail account to another, then you are at the right place.
There are several methods by which we can transfer email from one Gmail account to another. Gmail also provides some inbuilt features to do the latter. We will discuss those methods but first, let us look at some of the reasons behind the need to move Gmail from one account to another.
Why Move Emails from One Gmail Account to Another?
As discussed above, let’s have a look at some reasons:
- To free up the limited storage provided by default by Google
- In case of your old account getting prone to hacking
- If you want to transfer all your communications to a new email id
- To distribute emails to different email ids based on varied criteria
There can be several reasons of yours depending upon your situation. Here, we have provided only some typical reasons to move emails from one Gmail account to another. Now let us move towards learning different approaches to do the latter.
Different Approaches to Move Emails From One Gmail Account to Another
You can choose the best way as per your choice for transferring emails from one Gmail account to other. Some of them are as follows:
- Using Gmail’s Import Mail and Contacts Tool
- Using Desktop Email Client
Approach #1: Using Gmail’s Import Mail and Contacts Tool
In this method, we will use the Import Mail and Contacts tool offered by Gmail to solve the user’s query: how to import emails from one Gmail account to another?
- Go to the Settings of your Gmail account from where you want to move emails from one Gmail account to another.
- Enable POP for all mail under the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab in your settings.
- Sign out from this account and sign in to the destination Gmail account.
- Click on the Import mail and contacts link under the Accounts and Import tab in the account settings.
- Type in the email address of the source Gmail account and then press Continue on the present and the next window.
- Sign in to the source mail again and Allow the other account to access the source mails.
- Close the message box with the message Authentication Successful
- Click on Start Importing to initiate the transfer.
- Just wait until the transfer gets completed. If you wish, you can monitor it by the Accounts and Imports
Approach #2: Using Desktop Email Client
Here, in this approach, we can use any desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. Here we will use Microsoft Outlook. Let us now look at the steps to move emails from one Gmail account to another by Outlook.
- Ensure the proper configuration of both the source and the destination emails on the desktop email client.
- Open the source mail account folder from where you want to move Gmail from one account to another and select the mails to move.
- Just drag and drop the selected emails to the folder of the destination Gmail account.
- Now the transfer is complete. Just wait for a few minutes to allow Outlook to synchronize mails with your Gmail account for online viewing,
Although these approaches are available to move emails from one Gmail account to another, they have a few drawbacks discussed in the next section.
Limitations of Manual Approach
Some main limitations or drawbacks of the above-stated approaches are as follows:
- Lengthy and time taking process
- Requires technical expertise
- Dependent on network connections
- Network failure can cause data loss.
Now you must be wondering how to transfer Gmail to another Gmail without encountering any of the above drawbacks. Don’t panic because we have an expert solution to relieve your stress.
Expert Solution to Move Emails from One Gmail Account to Another
Expert suggests creating a backup of your Gmail account before initiating any transfer & for that, you should try DRS Gmail Backup Tool, which can simplify the task and answer your query about how to transfer emails from Gmail.
You can use this software to create backup into various formats like MBOX, PST, PDF, etc., and transfer your emails to other email clients such as AOL, Hotmail, iCloud, etc. Also, it helps you in clearing the server space and getting rid of duplicate emails, and so on to simplify your experience.
Throughout this blog, we learned about the reasons and the approaches (manual and expert solution) on how to transfer all emails from one Gmail account to another without facing any data loss or any other issues. I also provided the resolution of the query: how do I transfer emails from one Gmail account to another? I hope that you have enjoyed reading this blog and got all your doubts resolved.