Summary: Download the DRS SQL Database Recovery Tool to repair MDF files in SQL server. It offers a wide range of features to make the recovery simple and effective. This utility is well-recognized for its effectiveness and reliability. Moreover, it works swiftly on all versions of Windows OS.
SQL database has two major files: MDF, NDF, and LDF file. MDF file is the main database file that contains tables, indexes, stored procedures, views, etc. The NDF file is the secondary database file. Along with these database files, there is another file type called an LDF file. It is of utmost importance because it stores every modification made in the database. It contains all transactions.
When your database gets corrupted, you become unable to access the information available on the server. So, it becomes necessary to repair these files so that you can restore your database and access all the information available. Now, the question is, ‘how to repair MDF files in SQL server databases’?
Before learning the techniques, let us first take a look at some prominent reasons why MDF files get corrupted.
Also Read: Manual Method to Restore SQL Database without Transaction Log File
Why Need to Repair Corrupt SQL MDF File?
- Virus attack is one of the major reasons for database file corruption.
- If there is some hardware issue like hard disk crash or memory issue, MDF files are more likely to get corrupted.
- Abrupt shutdown of the system affects the running processes which ultimately leads to database file corruption.
- Sometimes, human errors like unnecessary command execution also cause MDF file corruption.
There are even more reasons for the SQL database MDF file corruption. However, these are some of the most common causes. Now, it is time to check how to fix the database MDF files.
How to Repair MDF Files in SQL Server Database?
There are different solutions to repair MDF file in SQL server in SQL Server. You can opt for any method as per the level of file corruption. In the manual solution, you can fix the file corruption using the DBCC CHECKDB command. This method is ideal when you have the required technical knowledge and the file corruption is minor. Follow the below steps to run the DBCC CHECKDB command.
- Open the terminal window and run the DBCC CHECKDB Command.
DBCC CHECKDB (Name of the corrupt Database)
- After that, you need to check the index ID.
- If the index ID > 1, drop it and create it again.
- If the index ID is either 0 or 1, execute the DBCC CHECKDB command again with a suitable repair option from below.
DBCC CHECK (name_of_corrupt_database, repair_fast)
DBCC CHECK (name_of_corrupt_database, repair_rebuild)
DBCC CHECK (name_of_corrupt_database, repair_allow_data_loss)
After performing the above solution, you can repair MDF files in SQL server databases. However, this approach is only recommended when the database file corruption is minor. You can not restore your data from a heavily damaged MDF file. In this case, we suggest you use a professional tool to repair the damaged file.
Professional Solution to Repair MDF Files in SQL Server Database
DRS SQL Database Recovery Tool is the most reliable and effective solution to repair corrupt SQL MDF files and restore maximum data. This application provides all the required functionalities that help users easily recover their data. Also, you can manually select what item you want to recover. So, you can exclude all the unnecessary items. Moreover, the application is compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
Steps to Repair MDF Files
- Download and run the DRS SQL Database Recovery Tool as administrator.
- Click on the Open button and then the Browse button. Choose the corrupted MDF file.
- After that, select the Recovery mode and other options as per your need. Press OK.
- Check the preview of the recovered items and hit the Save button to save the data.
- Opt for the mode of Authentication: Windows Authentication or Server Authentication.
- Choose the other migration options and click on the OK button.
I hope after reading this article, you have learned how to repair MDF files in SQL server databases. We have discussed the manual method as well as a professional tool to repair the corrupted file. The manual method is effective to fix minor file corruption. Whereas, for major issues, we recommend you opt for automated software for complete database file recovery.