Summary: SQL database files have been corrupted? Download the best DRS SQL Database Recovery Tool to repair your damaged MDF files and restore SQL database without transaction log file. The application is designed exclusively to restore your database files to their healthy state. Therefore, it supports MDF files created by any version of Microsoft SQL.
If you work with MS SQL databases, this blog is for you. Here, we will discuss some manual methods to restore SQL database without transaction log files. Also, we will discuss the most reliable solution to recover SQL items when the SQL database MDF file gets corrupted. So, read the article till the end.
SQL stands for Server Query Language. It is a Database Management Software that stores and retrieves information through commands. Also, it contains tables, queries, structure, etc. SQL database has two main files: MDF and LDF. The former is the primary database file that stores all the information related to the SQL. On the other hand, the latter contains the transaction log files.
If you want to restore a SQL database, you must have both SQL database files. However, sometimes, you have only the MDF files. In such a scenario, it is quite difficult. So, we will discuss some simple and effective methods to restore database without log file in SQL server.
Struggling to restore your lost SQL data?
Try this advanced DRS SQL Database Recovery Tool and recover all your inaccessible data.
How to Restore SQL Database without Transaction Log Files?
There are two most prominent solutions to recover your SQL database files. You can use the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to regain your data. Another method for database recovery is via using the ATTACH_REBUILD_LOG command. Both techniques are manual. They are efficient and easy to perform. So, you can easily execute them to the SQL server restore database without log file.
Also Read: Restore Database Backup in SQL Server 2012 – Step by Step Process
#1. Use SQL Server Management Studio
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Under the Object Explorer window, select the desired database and right-click on the Database.
- Choose the Attach option from the list.
- Attach Database wizard will appear. Press the Add button.
- Now, locate the desired MDF file, select it, and hit the OK button to add this file.
- Check the database details. You will see that the Log file (.ldf) is unavailable.
- After that, select the log file and press the Remove button to attach the MDF file without the transaction log file.
- At last, click on the OK button.
This method is quite simple and everyone working on SQL can perform it. You can also opt for another method that helps you to restore SQL database without transaction log file.
#2. Use ATTACH_REBUILD_LOG Command
You can also recover your database by using the Transaction log query. Execute the below command to attach an MDF file when the log file is missing.
CREATE DATABASE mdf_file_name
(FILENAME = ‘C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\..\MSSQL\DATA\file_name.mdf’)
The procedure will take some time depending on the size of the MDF file. Wait till the process gets completed. After that, refresh the database, and you will see that the desired database will be available.
Both the above solutions are useful when the SQL database file is healthy. But, what would you do when the SQL database MDF file is corrupted? You can not retrieve SQL database without transaction log files by any of the above methods. For that, we suggest you the professional software to repair damaged SQL database files.
Automated Solution to Repair Damaged SQL Database File
DRS Softech SQL Database Recovery is the best solution to repair corrupted/damaged/inaccessible SQL database files. Therefore, you will be able to restore SQL database without transaction log files. This application provides you with various advanced functionalities. Moreover, the application is widely compatible with all versions of Windows OS. So, you can use it on your PC without any trouble.
How to Repair Corrupted SQL Database Files via DRS SQL Database Recovery Tool?
- Download and install the DRS SQL Database File Recovery Tool. Run it as administrator.
- Click on the Open button to add the desired MDF file you want to repair.
- Press Browse button and select the damaged SQL database file.
- After that, choose the required Recovery Mode and hit OK.
- Check the preview of the recovered data and click on the Save button.
- Choose the mode of authentication: Windows Authentication and Server Authentication.
- Now, select the remaining tool options and press the OK button to repair the damaged file.
In the above article, we explained different manual solutions to restore your SQL database without transaction log files. Along with that, we also recommend you a professional solution to repair your corrupted or inaccessible SQL database MDF files so that you can easily restore your data.