Summary: Google Docs is one of the most popular online word processing tools. It offers numerous advantages to increase productivity. Still, many users want to migrate Google Docs to Office 365. If you are also looking for some easy and effective way to export your data, continue reading this article till the end because here we will discuss the best solution to transfer Google Docs to Office 365. Along with that, we will also suggest the best professional utility to export various Google items to Office 365 instantly. So, read the article till the end.
Overview: Google offers a cloud storage service Google Drive that enables you to save your valuable files on the server so that you can access these files from any location. Google Drive provides you 15 GB storage space in the free plan. If you want to increase this storage space, purchase one of the premium plans.
Microsoft OneDrive is another cloud storage developed by Microsoft. Like Google Drive, it allows you to save your files on the server so that you can access them from any system. Also, you can integrate the OneDrive with other Microsoft products for better productivity and collaboration.
Despite the fact that both platforms offer similar features, many users want to migrate Google Docs to Office 365. There are many reasons you might need to transfer your data.
Why Migrate Google Docs of Office 365?
There are various scenarios when you need to migrate Google files to Office 365. You might be switching from Google to Microsoft or you may want to share your files to other users who have Microsoft accounts. In any of these situations, you need to export files from Google to Microsoft. Also, Office 365 provides you with numerous features over Google. So, this might be another reason for migrating your data. Let us check some significant advantages of Google over Microsoft.
- Using OneDrive, you can take the advantage of other Microsoft services and products.
- Google Drive is suitable when you are an individual. While, if you have a business and need to store large data, Microsoft OneDrive is better than Google Drive.
- Microsoft provides the local disk sharing feature so that you can access all your OneDrive data through your Windows PC.
- You can integrate your Microsoft services with additional tools. However, this option is not available for Google.
There are even more reasons for migrating your data from Google Drive to OneDrive. Now, it is time to learn how to transfer your files to Microsoft OneDrive.
Migrate Google Docs to Office 365 – DIY Approach
Migrating Google Docs to Office 365 is easy when you know the correct procedure to follow. Google Drive has an inbuilt feature to download your complete drive files locally. You can download your emails and then migrate Docs from Google Drive to Office 365 easily. This is a free method and requires minimal technical knowledge. Let us check the complete procedure to convert Google Docs to Office 365.
- Login to your Gmail email account using the required login credentials.
- After that, click on the Google Apps icon at the top right and select Drive.
- Now, go to the folder containing all the desired Google docs files.
- Right click on it and select the Download option to download the item locally.
- It will start downloading your drive files as Zip file into your system.
- After completing the download, go to the location and extract the Zip file.
- Now, go to the Office 365 login page and login to your account.
- Click on the Apps icon and select the OneDrive.
- Create a new folder or an existing folder where you want to export your Google Docs
- Click on the Upload button and choose the Folder option to upload your data.
- Now, select the desired folder that you want to upload and click on the Upload button.
By following this procedure, you can easily migrate Google Docs to Office 365 account. This method is applicable for exporting other items as well like Google Sheets, Contacts, Calendars, etc.
Limitation of the Manual Method
Although the manual approach is effective, it has various limitations that make this method inconvenient for beginners. Some of the most significant drawbacks are listed below.
- This method is time consuming and may take longer than usual depending upon the speed of the internet.
- You download your data locally after that you migrate it to the OneDrive. It does not migrate your docs files directly.
- If you are a non-technical user, you might find this procedure quite complicated and time consuming.
- This procedure is fast only when all your desired items are located in the same folder.
Now, you might be thinking, what else should I do to migrate Google Docs to Office 365?
The answer is using a professional Google Workspace migration tool.
Professional Tool to transfer Google Docs to Office 365
DRS G Suite to Office 365 Migration Tool is the most reliable and effective software to migrate Google docs and other drive items to Office 365. Along with Google Drive, this application allows you to backup your Google Contacts, Calendars, and Gmail emails into local drive. You can save your emails into various file formats. It provides various options to exclude unnecessary mailbox data from migration. Above all, it has a self-explanatory GUI that makes it easy to use for all novice users.
After reading this article, it can be concluded that the manual method of transferring your data is effective for low data sizes. If you have lots of files to migrate, opt for the professional Google Docs to Office 365 migration tool. It is the ideal solution to export Google Drive data to Microsoft OneDrive.