There are numerous email clients available in the market used for sending and receiving emails. Users preferences changes according to the convenience of using them. In this article, I’ll be talking about one such email client known as SeaMonkey. It is a very old email client but some people are still using it. Due to lack of features in SeaMonkey, many users have already shifted to MS Outlook but some users still don’t know how to convert SeaMonkey Mail to Outlook with all the attachments.
Don’t worry, because it is easy to view SeaMonkey Emails in MS Outlook. You just have to follow the simple steps and apply them into your email client.
First of all, you must know that SeaMonkey and MS Outlook are two different email clients and they support different file formats. MS Outlook is only compatible with PST file format and SeaMonkey Supports MBOX file format.
In order to export SeaMonkey Emails to Outlook, you must convert MBOX files to PST and then import those PST files into your Outlook Account.
Convert SeaMonkey MBOX Files to PST
It is very difficult to convert MBOX to PST manually because the risk of data loss is high. Therefore I must recommend you MBOX File Converter in order to convert SeaMonkey mail to Outlook 2010 or any version.
Steps to Migrate SeaMonkey Emails to PST
- Download and Launch MBOX File Converter on your local machine.
- Click on Add Files to add existing MBOX Files.
- Choose Save As PST Option and Browse the location where you want to save the PST File.
- In the End, Click on OK Button and then after a few minutes, you’ll receive a Confirmation Message.
Well, you have successfully converted MBOX file to PST and now it is the time to import that PST file into your Outlook Account. It is not very difficult to do so because you just have to apply the step by step process and import all the emails and mailbox items into your Outlook Account.
Procedure for Importing PST Files into your Outlook Account
- Launch MS Outlook and Login with the Email Credentials.
- Click on the File Tab on top-left Corner of the Screen.
- From the Dropdown, option Click on Open & Export and then click on Import/Export.
- Choose Import from another program or file option and then click on Next.
- Open the PST file which you have converted and then click on Next.
- Select the folder in which you want to import emails and Click on Finish.
Finally, you will be able to convert SeaMonkey mail to Outlook and you can view all the items of MBOX files into your Outlook account.
Now it is the time to wrap up things and therefore I would like to suggest you that do not try the manual conversion of SeaMonkey to Outlook because you might lose some of your precious data. Try the third party software and I hope that will help you out in exporting SeaMonkey MBOX files to MS Outlook. The ball is in your court and you have to decide what choices you have to make.