If you are an iCloud user, this blog proves to be the most beneficial article as you can easily backup iCloud to External Hard Drive. It provides you with complete information regarding iCloud migration and techniques to backup iCloud to external hard drives. Also, we provide you with the most effective approach to export your emails.
The Most Effective Way to Migrate your iCloud Emails to various file formats and email clients
Download the best DRS iCloud Email Backup tool to backup iCloud emails to hard drive, PST, OST, MSG, HTML, Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, etc.
What is iCloud Mail?
iCloud is a cloud storage service offered by Apple for users to open and share emails, photos, contacts, calendars, etc. You can access your precious data from Mac, iPad, and iPhone by logging in to your Apple Mail account.
It is a safe and accessible storage space for apple users. However, everyone should create a regular backup of their data available online. Not only backup iCloud photos to external hard drives, you have to download other items as well.
Let us discuss some prominent causes for iCloud backup.
Should You Move iCloud to External Hard Drive?
Before discussing how to download your iCloud data, it would be better to learn why you should backup iCloud emails. These are some of the prominent reasons for migration.
- With backup, you can open and check your mailbox emails without logging in to your iCloud account. It gives you offline access to your valuable data.
- Another benefit of saving your emails and other iCloud data into a local hard drive is to protect them from deletion. You can restore complete information to its original state in no time.
- When you have all your emails on your PC you can delete them from the iCloud server. It will leave free space for new emails.
Now you know the most considerable reasons for backing up your data. It’s time to learn how to backup iCloud to external hard drives.
How to Backup iCloud Drive to External Hard Drive?
iCloud provides various services like Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Photos, iCloud Drive, etc. You can create a backup of all your iCloud data by performing manual steps. Not only that, you can also backup iPad to external drives. Here we provide you with the complete procedure for exporting iCloud emails to hard drives on both Windows and Mac PCs.
#1. Move iCloud Emails in Windows
- Go to the iCloud website in your web browser and log in to your iCloud account.
- After that, choose the Mail option to check your iCloud mailboxes.
- Now, open the desired mailbox folder and select the email that you want to download.
- Click on the Arrow button at the top right corner. Select the Print option from the list.
- In the Print wizard, choose Save as PDF in the Destination field. Click on the Save button.
- After that, define the saving location and appropriate name for the email file.
- At last, click on the Save button to download the email to your system as a PDF.
The biggest disadvantage of using this technique is that you cannot backup the complete mailbox at once. You need to repeat the process for every important valuable email in PDF file format.
#2. Copy iCloud to External Hard Drive in Mac
- Open the Mail application on your Mac PC.
- After that, select the desired mailbox that you want to download in your system.
- Click on the Mailbox option in the top menu bar.
- Select the Export Mailbox option from the list.
- Now, choose the desired location to save the exported mailbox. Click on the Choose button.
- It will backup the selected mailbox to Hard Drive.
These are the manual techniques for downloading your iCloud mailboxes into your system. Similarly, you can backup iPhone data. Now, the above procedures are simple, but they have various restrictions like, there is no way for exporting the complete iCloud mailbox folder through the first technique. So, it is recommended to use a professional tool for iCloud Mail Backup.
Automated Solution to Transfer iCloud Data to External Hard Drive
For those who value their time, we suggest you use the DRS iCloud Mail Backup Tool to backup iCloud to external hard drive. It is the simplest and fastest method having all advanced features to ease migration. Instead of performing complicated manual techniques which sometimes lead to file corruption, you can go for this professional solution.
After reading this complete article, you surely have found the most suitable way to copy or backup iCloud data to external hard drives. You can either perform the manual steps which are effective but are time-consuming or opt for a professional third-party tool.