Summary: Today from this blog, I will be discussing with you about the methods to fix outlook error 0x80070021 when Outlook PST file is locked by another process or when users attempt to copy Outlook .pst file at another location.
Microsoft Outlook has become an essential part of our daily life. Many of us use outlook in sending or receiving emails. And if you use Microsoft Outlook as your regular email client then you must be aware of the fact that MS Outlook is prone to corruption due to several annoying reasons like Error 0x80070021 .
Microsoft Outlook 0x80070021 error usually arises while using Outlook express. Due to this error, your Outlook becomes inaccessible. Users may find errors like “the process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file” So, before jumping into the methods let us find out the reasons/causes behind the Outlook error 0x80070021.
However the following error occurs in Outlook when users try to move PST file to other location.
What are the causes behind the error 0x80070021:
There are several reasons behind error 0x80070021 and some of these are:
- This type of error generally gets displayed when MS Outlook is not terminated properly at the last time.
- There are chances, Outlook may be still running in the background even though it is closed.
If the system is installed with certain add-ins that rely on Outlook. Exe. process then even after closing Outlook window application will be still running.
Also Read: Ways to fix Outlook Error 0x8004010f – Outlook Data File cannot be Accessed
How to fix Outlook 0x80070021 Error
Users may worry about not being able to access PST file. So, it is important to fix or resolve error 0x80070021. Here are few manual methods to do so:
- Shutdown the Computer system and restart it again.
- Close all the application that depends/rely on Outlook.
- Terminate Completely Outlook application from Task Manager by just pressing keys(Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
These are some manual ways to fix error 0x80070021
Drawbacks of Using Manual Methods to resolve Outlook error
- Manual method doesn’t guarantee successful fixes.
- It required more technical expertise to execute the manual steps.
If the above methods didn’t work for you then you can go for Outlook PST Recovery Tool. It has an ultimate solution to all your problems as it serves thousands of users. It is considered an ideal tool to Repair Outlook PST. Let’s see what more it is capable of:
- It helps in recovery of Encrypted Outlook PST files.
- The tool is compatible with all the Microsoft Versions be it MS Outlook 2016,2013,2010,2007,2003,2002 etc.
- To avoid the re-scanning of the similar PST file a feature called Snapshot is available.
I have described the causes and ways to fix error 0x80070021 in Outlook using the manual as well as the automated solution. Thus, an automated method is quick, safe, and reliable to perform recovery of corrupted or inaccessible Outlook data.