Summary: If you are looking for the solution to Outlook unknown error 0x80040119, you landed on the right page. The corruption of Outlook data files is the main reason for various Outlook errors. So, download the DRS PST Recovery Tool to repair all Outlook data file corruptions.
Microsoft Outlook is an outstanding email client that offers numerous benefits to its users. You can manage multiple email accounts in the same application. Also, with regular updates, the software is free from many bugs and user queries.
Despite continuous Outlook updates, sometimes, users face the sending reported error 0x80040119. It is one of the most common errors encountered by users. So, it becomes mandatory to know how to fix this problem.
Before learning how to fix the error, it is mandatory to understand the root cause of the issue.
Why Does Outlook Unknown Error 0x80040119 Occurs?
The Outlook error code 0x80040119 occurs because of several reasons, but some causes of the error message are frequent. So, we are discussing these most common reasons for the error message.
- Oversized PST file – Often, a large-sized PST file results in an Outlook error message. There is a particular size limit for PST files. When the Outlook data file exceeds this limit, Outlook starts showing error 0x80040119.
- Incorrect Configuration Settings – The incorrect Outlook configuration settings also cause an unknown error occurred error code 0x80040119 Outlook. So, you need to adjust the settings to the standard value.
- Corrupt Data Files – Another common reason for most of the Outlook error messages is a damaged Outlook data file. When Outlook is unable to access mailbox data from the PST file, it shows various errors.
Along with the above reasons, there are also some other causes for the problem.
- Outdated antivirus programs
- Intentional/unintentional user profile deletion
- Malware attack
- The sudden termination of Outlook
- Abrupt shutdown of the system
- Poor Internet connectivity
Now, you have learned what the root causes for the error message to appear are. It is time to learn how you can fix the error message.
How to Fix the Outlook Error 0x80040119?
The method to fix the Outlook error depends upon the cause of the issue. If Outlook unknown error 0x80040119 occurs due to a corrupt data file, use the SCANPST.exe to repair the corrupted file. The scanpst.exe is an inbuilt tool of MS Outlook. Now, let us see how to resolve Outlook 2013 unknown error 0x80040119.
Step 1: Find the Location of Outlook Data File
- Open the Control Panel in your system.
- Type Mail in the search bar and press Enter.
- In the new wizard, click on the Show Profiles button.
- Now, select the faulty Outlook profile and press the Properties button.
- After that, hit the Data Files button.
- Now, you will see the data file of the selected Outlook profile. Select that option and click on the Open Folder icon.
- Copy the path of the data file.
Step 2: Launch SCANPST to Repair the Corrupted Data File
- Open the SCANPST.exe by following the path below.
- 32-bit Windows; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- 64-bit Windows; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- 64-bit Outlook; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- Click on the application to launch it.
- Paste the data file path in the Browse Click on the Start button.
- Next, press the Repair button to initiate the file repairing.
- After that, click OK to close the pop-up stating Repair complete.
The above technique will repair the corrupted Outlook PST file and fix the Outlook unknown error 0x80040119. However, if the problem persists, you can opt for other solutions.
- Scan for viruses/malware and fix them.
- Update the PC Driver
- Reconfigure Outlook Profile
- Update Windows
What If the ScanPST.exe Does Not Work?
What if the error occurs due to PST file corruption and SCANPST.exe fails to restore the file? The inbuilt PST/OST recovery software is suitable to fix minor corruption. But you require an advanced solution to repair a heavily damaged file. DRS PST Recovery software is a professional tool to repair PST files and fix the Outlook error 0x80040119.
The Outlook unknown error 0x80040119 occurs due to several reasons. The most prominent among them is Outlook data file corruption. You can repair the data file by SCANPST.exe, but it cannot restore a heavily corrupted file. So, DRS PST Recovery Tool is the ideal solution to repair damaged Outlook file and fix the Outlook 0x80040119 error