Summary: Exporting Outlook contacts manually is quite troublesome. Therefore, download the DRS OST to PST Converter Tool and export contacts from OST files to the hard drive effortlessly. Furthermore, you can back up emails in numerous file types and migrate them to multiple email clients. So, check the DRS OST to PST Converter Tool now.
OST file also known as Offline Storage Table is an important Outlook that contains the offline copy of your mailbox data into the local drive. It allows you to access your emails without an internet connection. No doubt it is one of the most crucial data files. However, sometimes, users need to extract contacts from old OST files to the system.
Let us check why we need to extract contacts from Outlook OST files.
Why Export Contacts from OST File?
Users find it useful to extract contacts from OST files into their system. It helps them to prevent their valuable data from data loss and in many other scenarios. Below we discuss some advantages of backing up your contacts.
- It helps you to secure your data from data loss due to unintentional deletion and file corruption.
- You can free up some space from Outlook by deleting the contacts from OST files after backing up your data.
- Saving your data into a local drive is also beneficial when you want to transfer your file to another system.
These are some of the most significant reasons. Now, it is time to learn how to export contacts from OST files into your system.
Also Read: Best Methods to Export Outlook Contacts to iCloud
Best Solutions to Extract Contacts from OST File
There are two main approaches available to migrate your Outlook contacts from OST files. The first approach is the DIY approach which requires you to perform some simple steps in the Outlook application and download your data. On the other hand, the second solution consists of using a professional tool that can download your contacts in distinct file formats. Both methods have different benefits and drawbacks. First, we discuss the manual method.
Export Contacts from OST File Using MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook in your system and click on the File button.
- After that, select the Open & Export tab from the left and choose the Import/Export option.
- In the Import/Export wizard, click on the Export to a file option and press the Next button.
- Now, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) option and hit the Next button.
- Select Contacts from the list of Outlook mailbox folders and click on the Next button.
- At last, press Browse and define the destination location. Click Finish to initiate the export.
The above procedure is easy and effective. However, this method has some limitations. You can not export OST file contacts in any desired file type. Also, you can not exclude duplicates based on different parameters. For this, we suggest you opt for the automated tool.
Professional Approach to export OST file contacts
DRS OST to PST Converter tool is the best solution to export contacts from an OST file in a few simple steps. The application allows you to download your contacts in numerous file types. Also, you can export your contacts to various email accounts like Gmail, Office 365, iCloud, etc. Moreover, the application is easy to use and compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
- Run the OST to PST Converter Software as administrator.
- Select the desired Outlook OST file.
- After that, check the preview and choose what items you want to export.
- Define the destination file format and other conversion options.
- At last, click on the Convert button to export contacts from OST files.
I hope this article has provided all the necessary information regarding how to export contacts from OST files. You can opt for the manual approach that requires you to perform some simple steps in Outlook if you want to export only a few contacts. However, for advanced functionalities, choose the professional OST to PST converter tool.