The Microsoft Exchange server handles a significant amount of business communications of organizations and allows them to get the email messages without any dormancy. However, when a user faces any issues related to the MS Exchange performance, then the Outlook users might need to run some troubleshooting such as creating a new Outlook profile. Sometimes users need to locate the Microsoft Exchange server address but have queries on how to find Exchange server address? So here in this blog, we will discuss some simple methods to fix the common connectivity issues and users problems with “how to find server for Exchange email”.
How To Find Exchange Server Address In Microsoft Outlook?
Here we have mentioned a simple procedure to get Exchange server address of your account. Follow the steps provided below –
- Launch the Outlook application. When Outlook is configured with MS Exchange, then you can see the status showing Connected to: Microsoft Exchange.
- Click on the File tab in the menu.
- Go to Account settings and choose the account settings option in drop-down.
- Click on the Exchange account with the server name you need to check. Then click the change tab.
- In the next window, you can see the full Exchange server address in server settings section.
Also Read – How to Archive Emails In Office 365
Outlook for Mac
Many Outlook Mac users also have queries on how do I find my Exchange server address and domain name on Microsoft Outlook. Follow the given steps to find the Exchange server address.
- Click on the Outlook and then Preferences.
- Select Accounts.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- In the Microsoft Exchange section, the user will find the complete server address in the server field.
After the query of users on “how to find Exchange server address?” is resolved, users can utilize it to resolve the issues with incoming and Outgoing emails. But if due to some circumstances, Outlook faces some problems in configuring the Exchange server. Then, we will discuss some secure troubleshooting techniques which the users can easily perform without depending on the Exchange administrator.
1. Restart Your Outlook Application
This is one of the simplest methods to fix the connection issue. If restarting your MS Outlook doesn’t work then you can restart your computer once and check. Several times, when the internet connection is down, the MS Outlook and Exchange server connection does not establish. Restarting Outlook might fix the connection issues due to minor problems. If the process of restarting doesn’t work, then move to next troubleshooting method.
2. Disable the Offline Mode
Users sometimes unknowingly set Outlook in the offline mode, and this stops the sending and receiving of new email messages. Users need to disable the option and connect the Outlook with MS Exchange.
- Click on the Send/Receive option in the menu.
- Go to the Work Offline section and click on it.
- The status of Outlook will change from Offline to Trying to Connect.
- Soon the status will show Connected To: Microsoft Exchange
3. Use In-Built ScanPST to Repair the Corrupt Outlook PST File
Outlook offers an in-built inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe), to repair the minor corruption issues in PST files. You need to run the tool and then scan the PST file. The tool will check for the errors and if found any error, it will prompt users to fix the corruption.
Find out the Scanpst at the Following location:
- Outlook 2019 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2016 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2013 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook 2010 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2007 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Above in this blog, we have discussed the recommended solutions on how to find Exchange server address. If the connection problems in Outlook with Exchange server is due to the corruption issues in the mailbox data files. Users need not to depend on manual troubleshooting techniques, as these methods will check for errors but don’t provide any reliable concrete solution. DRS OST to PST Converter tool is an advanced solution to open the corrupt OST data and then allows users to convert them to PST, MBOX, PDF, CSV, Office 365, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. effortlessly.
2 thoughts on “How to Find Exchange Server Address – Step-by-Step Guide”
My MS account is on my first Email I had and to verify my Outlook mail I have to give my Bell south Email (for my MS Account) and the mail app states that I already have a Bell South account and will not let me add my Outlook mail account to it help me please!
Hello Keith, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will happy to help you.