Users can allow the two-step verification on their Yahoo mail account as an advanced measure of security. The Yahoo account doesn’t support authentication using the email address and password through the untrusted login procedures. If you are using any third-party solution for login then you need to generate a Yahoo app specific password. Yahoo mail has now created a more secure way to access the mailbox data over the third-party application. It allows you to generate Yahoo app password instead of using the password of email-id credentials. Here in this blog, we will help you with Yahoo generate app password to access your Yahoo account to manage the email in your chosen program.
Methods To Protect Yahoo Mail Account
Method 1: Two-step Authentication
Users can use the two-factor authentication twitch is a security protocol. It requires two methods for gaining access to any application or program. Follow the below provided steps –
- Go to the Account tab and choose account info.
- Click on Account security and enable the two-step verification.
- Now enter your mobile number and select the provided option for verification.
- You will receive a verification code on the chosen option.
- Enter the verification code in the dialog box, and click on verify.
Note: To access your Yahoo mail using POP, IMAP, or mobile devices, the two-step verification will not apply. For this users need to generate an application-specific password.
- From now, the user will get an authentication code whenever logging in to the Yahoo account.
Method 2: Make A Yahoo App Specific Password With Two-Step Authentication
Here we have discussed the step by step guide to generating Yahoo Mail password for the less secure apps.
- Choose account info in the top right corner of your Yahoo mail account.
- Open the account security category (Enter your login credentials if prompted).
- You can select any of the two ways to enable access:
- Choose the generate app password and continue with the step below.
- Enable the “allow apps that use a less secure sign-in” option. After enabling, open your email app and you will receive your Yahoo emails now.
- Continuing with the first option, click on the Generate app password.
- Select your email app in the dropdown. You can type it if it is not listed.
- Copy the generated password and paste it in the third-party app where prompted to gain access to Yahoo emails.
Method 3: Delete and Remove The Application Password
Once the Yahoo mail app password is no longer works to sign-in to your Yahoo account. You can easily delete the application password using the following steps –
- Go to the Account Info.
- Click on Account security.
- Select the Manage app passwords option.
- Click on the trash icon to remove the password you want.
I would like to recommend the advanced Yahoo Backup Tool by Data Recovery solutions. The utility is designed on a user-friendly GUI which doesn’t require any technical knowledge to perform the backup. The tool allows users to create a backup of all Yahoo emails to PST, EML, PDF, MBOX, MSG, Gmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. There is also a free demo version available which allows users to convert the first 50 emails for free.
Above, we have discussed the methods to generate Yahoo mail app passwords for less secure apps. Hope this guide will help you to create Yahoo manage app passwords without any hassle.