Looking for a free and quick solution to import MBOX files to Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird application? In this blog, we will discuss the recommended methods to import MBOX file to Outlook and Thunderbird program.
MBOX file format is supported by more than 20 email client applications including Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Eudora, Spicebird, etc. Microsoft Outlook application stores all its mailbox items in PST (Personal Storage Table) file format. Outlook offers several amazing features for its users that attracts the users.
Before moving to the process of conversion, you need to figure out first the location of MBOX files on your system.
MBOX File Location in Windows
To find out the location of the MBOX file, follow the provided steps here:
- Press Win+R keys on the keyboard.
- Type %APPDATA% in the dialog box
- Double-click on the Thunderbird folder > Profiles.
You can alternately go to the path:
C:\Users\<Windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>\
How to Import MBOX Files in Thunderbird
On Windows OS
You need to install an add-on to proceed to the import and export option. Follow the below provided steps to import MBOX file to Thunderbird.
- Launch the Mozilla Thunderbird application on your system.
- Go to the Tools section.
- Choose the ImportExport tools option.
- Select Import MBOX file
- In the next window, select import directly one or more MBOX files. Hit the OK button.
- Browse for the MBOX file you want to import.
- Once the importing is done, you can see all the mailbox items as shown below.
On MAC OS
If you are a MAC user then the process of importing would be slightly different than the steps discussed above. Follow the steps to import MBOX files to Thunderbird on Mac:
- Open Thunderbird for Mac.
- Go to the tools tab and then choose the Import option.
- Select the Mail option in the pop-up window and click on the Next button.
- Click on the Apple Mail in the dialog box. Click Next.
- After the importing process is successfully completed, you can see a folder named Apple mail in the Thunderbird profile and all the mailbox items in the left side.
Above are the steps users can follow to import MBOX files in Thunderbird windows as well as Mac OS. Now we will move further and see the process of how users can effortlessly import MBOX to Outlook email clients.
Import MBOX File To Outlook
MS Outlook is an advanced email service provider which offers several amazing features for its users to send and receive email messages. Outlook stores all its mailbox data in PST (Personal Storage Table) file format. There are manual methods available to convert MBOX to PST file format, however there are limitations and risks of severe data loss due to human errors in the manual approach. So it is always suggested to use the well-known and reliable automated solution to import MBOX to PST. Data Recovery Solutions smart best MBOX file converter can easily export MBOX files in bulk to multiple file formats in a single go. The utility offers a smooth user-friendly GUI and doesn’t require any technical knowledge to perform the conversion. It offers some amazing features for its users that are listed below.
- Smoothly exports MBOX data into various other file formats such as PST, MSG, EML, PDF, HTML, and many more.
- Supports the MBOX files created by Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Eudora, and other 20+ email clients.
- Smooth user-friendly GUI.
- No file size limitations.
- No Outlook application is required to convert MBOX to PST.
- Maintains data integrity and data security.
- Supports all the latest versions of windows and Mac.
- Provides the auto-detecting option.
- The free version is also available for free evaluation and allows users to convert 25 emails for free.
In this blog, we have discussed the methods to import MBOX files to MS Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird email service providers. We have provided steps to open MBOX in Thunderbird for both Windows and Mac OS. As we have discussed above to import MBOX to Outlook, there are manual methods available but also there are limitations and risks. So, it is suggested to use the professional automated solution for a safe and hassle-free conversion.