PDFs containing delicate information are secured with passwords to protect it from any mishandling or misuse. Now if a user needs any of the data from any of the PDFs then it is not possible to access it without removing the password. So, before learning about different methods of how to print a secured PDF Document, let us first understand what is PDF and why it is protected or secured.
A brief explanation of the term PDF
PDF stands for Portable Document Format used to display documents in a visual form. irrespective of the software, hardware, or operating system they are viewed on. It is very beneficial for the users because of its distinct features such as;
- Graphic Integrity ensures the same correct content and layout in every operating system.
- Security, a PDF is highly secured in maintaining the data and information containing within it.
- Compression of any pdf object or image can easily be done without hampering the quality of the content.
- Accessibility, a PDF document is highly accessible to anyone as it comes with readiness technology to help every user to read easily.
PDF is a very common and useful file format for storing both personal and professional documents as it safeguards the format of the document and prohibits most types of editing. Sometimes, a problem arises when a user downloads a PDF File from the internet but unable to print the PDF, as it is protected by the owner. This situation is very troublesome for every user and hence a user wants to know how to print a secured pdf document.
However, an owner who uses this pdf secured cannot print in the file maybe because there is some very important and confidential information and which cannot be given access to anyone else other than only to the unauthorized person.
Manual methods to Know How to Print a Secured PDF Document
Below are three different methods explained with proper steps of its implementation in order to secure and print PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat has some inbuilt features that help users to unlock secured PDF for printing. Below steps can be followed to remove protection from PDF documents.
- Initially, open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Click on the File option appearing in the top-left corner. Click on the Properties option.
- Click on the Security tab in the Document Properties screen.
- Now under the Security tab, and choose No Security from the drop-down menu.
- Once, you have selected the No security option, a pop-up will ask you to provide the permission password to proceed further.
With the above steps, the manual process of how to print locked pdf ends here.
Method 2: With the Help of Google Docs
To do this, a user needs to follow the below steps –
- Log in to your Google account, open Google Docs, and click on the Open File Picker button.
- Now the “Open a file” window opens. Here, select the Upload tab, then upload your secured PDF document.
- After uploading, you can view the secured PDF document in Google Docs. Click on the Print button.
- After it jumps to a new tab, click on Print, then choose a destination and a new name to save the PDF file.
- After printing, the newly saved PDF document is unlocked.
Drawbacks of using a manual process
- It is completely a manual process and here a user has to perform the steps all on his own without any support which makes it a bit troublesome for a non-technical user.
- For this process to perform, a sufficient amount of time is required as it is not a one-go process.
- To follow this procedure, it is compulsory that a user must know the permission password to do the task.
- There is a high chance of data or file loss by users.
In order to cope up with all the possible problems a user faces while getting solutions for how to print locked pdf, an automated tool with in-built advanced features prove to be a great rescuer for a user.
With the help of a professional tool, even a novice user can easily and safely remove or unlock the protected PDF file and later if needed may have the printouts. This software will solve the most common query of How to print a secured PDF by a user by removing the password.
DRS PDF Unlocker Software is one of the risk-free and excellent solutions to unlock password-protected PDF files and remove security from PDF files. It allows a user to remove the owner and user password from the PDF file. This technical tool comes with a number of benefits for users which can help users to solve the problem of secured PDF won’t print.
Benefits of using DRS PDF Unlocker
- DRS PDF Unlocker or PDF Security Password Remover tool can remove any type of tricky security password and unlock pdf.
- It is a time-saving tool for users as it removes security passwords from multiple files simultenously.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Compatible with all the MS Windows versions.
Lastly, it can be said that although there are different methods to remove PDF passwords and print PDF documents afterward. but the most advantageous and hassle-free method is the DRS PDF Unlocker. It comes with all the professional and advanced features which makes it a ready-to-use tool for every user and gets the work done very easily.