The most often asked query over the internet is, “How to save emails from Outlook to hard drive”. In this article, we explain various techniques to solve the problem. We provide you with multiple ways, both manual and automated, to backup your data. So, read the blog carefully.
All-in-one Tool to Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
Download the best DRS PST Converter tool to convert PST mailbox data into multiple file formats.
For every Outlook user, data loss is a big concern that causes several issues for your organization or even your data. Well, if you are looking for an easy solution to this problem, backup Outlook emails to hard drive that allow you to protect the information from any accidental situation.
Outlook provides you with numerous ways through which you can download your emails in no time. MS Outlook is a prominent email client which makes it possible to manage multiple email accounts in a single platform. Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Journals are some of its useful features.
Before learning how to save emails from Outlook to hard drives, let us first learn what led us to do so.
Benefits of Downloading Outlook Emails to Computer
Exporting Outlook emails to your system is the most recommended strategy to protect your valuable information which helps you to restore when needed. If you save the data in an external drive, it is even more beneficial because you can share it with other systems. Before jumping to how to save emails from Outlook to hard drives, check some prominent reasons for migration are.
- As we mentioned earlier, you can restore your emails from the backup you create in case of accidental data loss. So, it avoids the situation of data loss.
- Another advantage of saving your emails to hard drives is to access your Outlook mailbox without an active internet connection.
- When it comes to privacy, an external and local drive are comparatively more secure than the server. So, you should save Outlook emails to hard drives to prevent data privacy issues.
These benefits of migration induce the need to create a backup for your hard drive. Now, it is time to learn how to copy Outlook folders to hard drives using simple DIY techniques.
How to Save Emails from Outlook to Hard Drive?
As we explained above, Outlook has an option to backup your mailbox items. But there are even more methods to create backup easily and effectively. The benefit of the DIY approach is that it is free of cost, and you need not spend money on any third-party application.
The most effective mailbox backup techniques are:
#1. Import/Export Feature for Migration
- Open the Outlook application in your system and click on the File
- Select the Open & Export tab and click on the Import/Export
- Now, choose the Export to a file option from the list and press Next.
- After that, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option then click on the Next
- Choose the desired mailbox folder that you want to export and press Next.
- Click Browse and choose the external drive as the destination location.
- At last, click on the Finish button to finish the migration.
#2. Download Outlook Emails to Hard Drive as HTML
- Launch MS Outlook in your system.
- Select the mailbox item that you want to export.
- Now, click on the File option in the menu bar.
- Choose the Save As It will open a wizard to specify the destination.
- Define the name and saving location for the email and select HTML in Save as type.
- Finally, click on the Save button to download the mail as an HTML file.
#3. Drag and Drop Outlook Emails
MSG is the proprietary file format of Outlook to save single emails. When you use the drag and drop technique to download emails, your emails will get saved as an MSG file. It is one of the simplest solutions to how to save Outlook emails to the desktop in a folder.
- Open the Outlook application and select the email that you want to export.
- Now, right-click on that particular email and hold it. Move the email to the desired location.
- Then release the hold. It will save the email as an MSG file.
- Repeat the process for all emails that you want to export.
Note: The drag and drop technique and saving email as an HTML file only allows you to download a single email at a time.
The above methods are free but quite complicated and time-consuming. You cannot save multiple emails from Outlook to hard drives by them. So, they are suitable for you if you are an advanced user. But, what about beginners or non-technical users? They should opt for a more advanced solution to download Outlook email to hard drives or external hard drives.
Professional Method to Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
The best option for a novice or non-technical user is the third-party tool because it is a better alternative to the conventional manual techniques. DRS PST File Converter is a fast, effective, and secure application that creates Outlook backup in no time. The software is ideal for everyone because of its simplicity.
I hope you found the solution to the query, ‘How to save emails from Outlook to hard drives. You can opt for the traditional DIY methods which are free and effective but quite complex and time-consuming. Alternatively, you can choose a more advanced automated solution that is not only effective but saves time and effort.