When a user is working in offline mode in MS Outlook then the Exchange mailbox data is stored in Offline Storage Table or OST file format. Under the internet connectivity, the emails get synchronized with the Exchange server. Even if there is no internet connectivity, users can easily access the Outlook data in offline mode. However, sometimes users might be stuck in offline mode issues and need to switch Outlook working offline to online mode. In this blog, we will discuss the easy methods to disable the offline mode and switch Outlook online.
Reasons Behind the Outlook Stuck in the Offline Mode
Here we have mentioned a few common reasons why users stuck in the Offline mode.
- Sometimes users face work offline Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 when there is a problem with the mail server. Users can check by login into their account, and check if they can send or receive emails. In such a case that the mail server is not working then contact the admin.
- If the user is able to send and receive emails however facing some frequent disconnections then there might be some issues with the account settings.
Switch Outlook Working Offline to Online
Here we will describe the manual steps for work offline outlook 2016 and switch it to the online mode. Follow the provided steps to get back to the online mode.
- Launch MS Outlook program on your system.
- Go to the Send/Receive section.
- Choose the work offline option to reconnect.
- If the work offline button background has shaded that means the user is not connected to the internet.
- If the Outlook icon shows a cross mark sign then, Outlook is working in an offline mode.
- While working in Offline mode, the status bar will show Working offline or connected.
Still Not Connected?
If the user is still facing issues in switching Outlook working offline to online then, users can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the send/receive section again, and click on the work offline button and check your status.
- Open the Office application, go to the File tab, and select the Account option.
- Again click on account settings, and select the profile.
- Press the remove button as it might be possible that the user’s Outlook current profile is faulty.
- Users can now create a new profile by clicking on the New button.
Professional Ways to Switch Outlook Working Offline To Online
If the above-mentioned manual techniques don’t help users to switch Outlook offline 2010, 2013, 2016 to online mode then, using the professional automated approach can solve the issue. The offline file gets stored in OST or Offline Storage Table file format. So, to retrieve the OST data before any corruption issue occurs, users can convert OST to PST file format of Outlook. Using the advanced DRS OST to PST converter, users can easily convert OST to PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, CSV, AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, Thunderbird, Office 365, etc. Even a novice user can run the utility without any trouble. It offers several amazing features for the users.
- Smoothly converts the OST data to PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, CSV, AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, etc.
- Supports converting of corrupt OST files also.
- Exports mailbox items such as emails, attachments, contacts, etc.
- Provides a preview option to view recovered data.
- Provides a smooth user graphical interface.
- No risk of data loss.
- Supports all the latest versions of Windows OS.
- No file size restrictions.
- The free demo version allows users to convert the first 25 emails for free.
In this blog, we have discussed the methods to switch Outlook working Offline to Online mode. We have seen that the manual approach is time-consuming and if it doesn’t help users to solve the issue then we would suggest using the professional method to convert OST to PST format of Outlook.