Are you struggling to find a suitable answer to the query, “how to transfer files from google drive”? If yes, you have reached the right place. Here, we provide you with an in-depth guide about migrating data from one drive to another. So, let’s start the blog.
Google Drive is the most popular free cloud storage that is offered by Google. You can save data from other Google products or your system. It provides you with 15 GB of free storage space, but you can also get more storage space on paid plans of Google One.
Sometimes, you may require to move files from google drive accounts to another Google Drive. In such a case, you have to perform some manual steps to transfer your data. We will describe how you can but first, let us learn what leads us to export data from Google drive to another drive.
Hassle-Free Solution to Export Google Mail data
Download Free Best Gmail Backup Tool to export Google mail data to several email clients with ease.
Why Export Google Drive Mailbox Data?
Before jumping to how to transfer files from google drive, we need to know possible situations to transfer Google Drive data to another Google account. There are separate reasons for everyone, but some causes are general for the most users. A few such reasons are discussed below.
- Google Drive has run out of space, so you need to transfer files from one google drive to another.
- If there is some problem with your Google drive, you can protect your data by exporting it to another Google Drive.
- To distinguish your private and official data and save time and effort.
Your reason for exporting files from Google Drive to another Drive may be different. But even then, you want to transfer data. So, it is time to learn – how to move files from one google drive to another?
How to Transfer Files from Google Drive to Another Drive?
If you have any one of the above scenarios, you need to export your Google Drive data to another account. There are various techniques to perform the migration. You can choose any method as per your preference.
#1. Use Share Option to Transfer Files
- Login to your Gmail account and open Google Drive.
- Locate the files you want to backup and move them into a single folder.
- After that, right-click on the newly created folder.
- Select the Share option from the list.
- In the new wizard, enter the destination Gmail address.
- Give Editor Access to the user and click on the Send button.
- Now, the selected folder has been transferred to the destination Google account.
#2. Download Google Drive Data and Upload it
In this technique, you move files from Google Drive to computer. Then upload it to another Google account. If you want to create a backup of your data on the computer, this method is preferable.
- Login to your Gmail account and open Google Drive.
- Now, create a new folder and move all the Desired items to it.
- After that, right-click this folder and select the Download option.
- It will download a zip file containing the data.
- Extract the Zip file to your system.
- Log in to another Gmail account and open Google Drive.
- After that, upload the extracted items to this new account.
#3. Use Google Takeout to Backup complete Google data
Google Takeout is a backup feature provided by Google to download complete mailbox data. It is the best solution to the query – How to transfer files from google drive? It not only downloads Google Drive but also other Google data like Google Contacts, Photos, Hangout chats, etc.
- Open your Gmail account and click on the Profile icon.
- Click on the Manage your Google Account button.
- Now, choose the Data & Privacy tab from the sidebar.
- Scroll Down and click on the Download Your Data option.
- You will direct to the Google Takeout page. Select Google data to backup and press Next Step.
- Choose the file type, frequency, and destination for the backup.
- After that, click on the Create Export button to proceed further.
- The backup process will take some time depending upon the size of the data. After completing the backup, you will receive a download link to the Google backup.
- Click on the link to download the backup. Extract the data.
- After that, log in to another Gmail account and upload the desired Google data.
By following these techniques, you can export your data from one Google Drive to another. However, these methods require basic technical knowledge, and some users fail to execute these steps. So, it is advised to use professional software to export your data.
Professional Tool to Export Google Data
The best alternative to the complicated DIY solutions explained above is the professional approach. DRS Gmail Backup Software is the most recommended professional tool when it comes to migrate google drive data to another google account or to backup Gmail emails to external hard drive. Not only Google Drive, but you can also migrate Google Photos, Contacts, Calendars, Hangout Chats, and Gmail.
After reading this write-up, we provide you with all possible answers to how to transfer files from google drive. The manual solutions are efficient but not suitable for every user. Also, it depends upon your requirement that may be specific. Therefore, the advanced DRS Gmail Backup Tool is the best solution for all users because of its advanced features to meet the needs of all users.