MS Outlook has captured the largest market share in the field of email services. The salient features of MS Outlook and attractive Interface make it different from other email clients and therefore many users have started migrating from other emails clients to MS Outlook. Many users didn’t found Mozilla Thunderbird interesting and they also shifted to Outlook. But unfortunately, they didn’t know how to import address book from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Reasons for Shifting from other Email Clients to Outlook
- MS Outlook has an Upper-Hand over other email client applications, whether in the terms of features or performance.
- There is no trust issue with MS Outlook and therefore the users don’t hesitate in sending the confidential emails via Outlook.
- Outlook has the easiest Graphical User interface if compared to some of the leading email clients.
- The User has access to configure two email accounts simultaneously on the MS Outlook application.
Before telling you about the migration procedure, I want to ask do you have any idea about MS Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird. If no, then I would share some facts in brief.
Facts About MS Outlook and Thunderbird
- MS Outlook is only compatible with PST File and OST File.
- All the emails, contacts, and other items stored on MS Outlook are present in a PST file.
- There is no way out to convert whole MBOX File to PST. You have to import each item of mailbox separately into Outlook.’
- If you want to export contacts to Outlook then first you have to change the file to CSV format and then import those files into MS Outlook.
Two Easy Ways to Import Address Book from Thunderbird to Outlook
There are two methods through which you can easily view the contacts of Mozilla Thunderbird into MS Outlook.
Manual Method to Import Contact in Outlook
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird and in the Menu Bar Click on Address Book.
- Select the Address Book which you want to export to Outlook.
- Click on Tools and then on Export.
- Choose the Desire location where you want to save the selected address book.
- Also, select the format in which you want to save the file either CSV or VCF.
I would recommend saving the file in CSV format so that you can easily import it into your Outlook Account.
- Now, Open MS Outlook and Go to the File
- Click on Open and Export option and then on Import/Export.
- Once the new screen opens, click on Import from another program or file
- Hit Next
- From the list, Select Comma Separated Values and then click on Next button to continue.
- Browse the Recently Saved CSV file.
- Check Mark Do Not Import Duplicate Items box and click on Next
- Select the folder where you want to import files and then click on Contacts.
- Finally, click on Next button and then on Finish.
You have successfully imported all the CSV files to MS Outlook.
You May Also Read- Import EML Files to Gmail.
But there are some limitations of the manual methods:-
- It consumes a lot of time and keen concentration is needed.
- A Novice user cannot apply these manual steps.
- It doesn’t help you in exporting emails.
But we can defeat these issues with the help of MBOX Exporter. All the MBOX files can be easily exported to MS Outlook without any data alteration. You can download the demo version of the software and it will help you to convert 25 emails for free.
An MBOX exporter is a professional tool which helps to convert MBOX file to various file formats. The user can even export MBOX file to the various email clients as well. He just has to enter the credentials and then he can view the files on the respective email client. Similarly, this will help to Import Address Book from Thunderbird to Outlook.
There are two ways for importing the contacts to MS Outlook from Thunderbird. Now it is up to you to decide which method you want to choose. If you are a non-technical user then I would suggest you, avoid the manual method because any negligence can lead to complete data loss. So you can try the MBOX exporter for importing address books. I hope that’s enough information and you have liked this article.