Summary: Outlook calendars are a very useful tool for managing your appointments and meetings. In this article, we provide you with a different solution to import PST calendar to Outlook 365 without losing any data. We explain easy-to-perform and reliable DIY methods to Convert PST Calendar to Office 365 and also suggest a professional utility.
MS Outlook offers an Outlook calendar. It is an exceptional functionality that enables you to manage your tasks and meetings. It enhances your productivity and collaboration by sharing calendars with other team members. Another remarkable characteristic of Outlook calendars is that you can transfer Outlook calendar from one computer to another.
Most often, users need to export their Outlook PST calendar to Office 365 account but they do not know how to transfer Outlook calendar to Outlook 365. In the upcoming sections, we describe how to import Outlook PST calendar to Office 365.
How to Import PST Calendar to Outlook 365
Anyone using MS Outlook can easily transfer calendar from PST to Office 365 accounts. The manual procedures are designed to export mailbox data in a few simple steps. The method we will describe in the below section consists of two steps. You need to perform them in the correct sequence for successful PST calendar migration.
Step 1: Save PST Calendar into Local Drive
- Launch the MS Outlook application in your system.
- Switch to Calendars from the calendar icon available at the bottom.
- Now, choose the calendar you want to import and click on the File button.
- After that, press the Save Calendar option.
- Choose the desired name and location for the ICS file. Press Save to save Outlook Calendar in ics file format.
Step 2: Import ICS file to Outlook 365 Account
- Login to your Microsoft 365 account.
- Open the Calendar application in your Office 365 account.
- After that, click on the Add Calendar option.
- Now, choose the Upload from File option from the left section.
- Click on the Browse button and select the ICS file you downloaded earlier.
- At last, press the Import button to start uploading PST Calendar.
- After completing the process, you will receive a completion notification.
The above method will surely import PST calendar to Office 365. However, there are various restrictions associated with the above DIY approach.
Limitation of Manual Approach
Despite being effective, the manual method explained above is not feasible for every user. Because of its drawbacks, most users do not prefer the manual approach. Below are some major limitations of the manual method.
- The above procedure requires you to be technically proficient.
- It is quite time-consuming for both beginners and advanced users.
- The chances of file corruption are high if you do not perform the steps properly.
- You cannot filter out unnecessary items. You have to export all PST calendars.
Now, you might be thinking, if the manual approach is not reliable, what else should we choose?
The answer is the professional PST to Office 365 Migration Tool or PST File Converter to convert Outlook PST files to different formats.
Import PST calendar to Office 365 – Professionally
DRS PST to Office 365 Migration Tool is the best way to import Outlook Calendar to Office 365. It offers numerous functionalities that assist you in precise mailbox migration. You can skip the migration of any unnecessary Outlook Calendar. Also, this application is quite easy to use even for a non-technical user. You can download and use the application on your Windows PC having any Windows OS version.
Features of DRS PST to Office 365 Migration Tool
- It enables you to migrate complete Outlook mailbox data like inbox, sent, draft, contacts, calendars, etc.
- Display a preview of the selected PST file content so you can choose the desired items.
- Remove duplicate calendar entries while exporting your mailbox data.
- Advanced date range filtering option for migrating selective mailbox data.
- Widely compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
Follow the below steps to convert calendar to O365.
- Download and install the DRS PST to Office 365 Migration Tool. Run it as administrator.
- Press the Browse button and choose the desired PST file. Press Open to add it.
- Check the mailbox preview of the selected PST file. Tick the desired items and press Next.
- After that, provide the login credentials of the destination Office 365 account. Hit the Sign In button.
- At last, select all the migration options as per your requirements. Click Convert to start the migration.
Among the two different approaches to import PST calendar to Office 365, the manual method is suitable for technically proficient users. However, if you are a non-technical user and want to migrate only specific items, the best solution is the professional PST to Office 365 migration software.