Are you stuck with the same Office 365 old emails missing issue? If yes, then in this technical guide, you will be able to find your old emails and all the methods required to recover them.
Office 365 is one of the most advanced and large application suites in the world. In this suite, Outlook is the most feasible service. All the emails are stored in the Office 365 mailbox. The emails in the office 365 are grouped by date in the mailbox section. But, when your messages are getting older then there is a facility in office 365 that your old messages will automatically group in Older group by Office 365. So, it is hard to find your older messages, basically, messages which are older than 3 months.
Therefore, emails that are older than three months are automatically moved to the deleted folder. That is why this is difficult for users to find their older messages or emails. Here, in this technical blog, we will discuss “How to find old emails in Office 365 webmail” the process to find your old emails in Office 365 as well as the Outlook web.
Finding Office 365 Old Emails Missing Or Deleted in Outlook Web App
Outlook Web App (OWA) is a more convenient way to access the Office 365 mailbox. However, you need permission from your admin to log in to Outlook Web App. To find your deleted and old messages you need to follow the methods given below for Outlook Web
Get Back Office 365 Old Emails
- Contact your admin and ask for Outlook web app credentials and login to the Outlook web app.
- After logging to the Outlook account, you’ll see the Folders option on the left. Then, click on the arrow to expand the folder.
- Now, click More to check the old messages.
- Then, you’ll find a folder that is named with your email address. Expand the folder to see all its subfolders.
- In the subfolders, you can find all the older emails within the specific folder name, such as Inbox items that will be available in the INBOX folder.
Find Deleted Emails in Outlook or Office 365
Office 365 often delete the older messages, and then users need to recover deleted messages. This can be achieved by performing the below steps:
- Open Outlook.com with your login credentials.
- Now, on the left-hand side, go to the Deleted Items folder.
- Click Recover Deleted Items, a window will appear on the screen displaying the emails that can be recovered.
- Select the mails that you want to recover, and then click on the Recover button.
After this, all the selected items from the Deleted items, can be recovered quickly if they are available within the mailbox of Office 365. However, they are moved to the active directory, then users need an external tool/ Professional tool to backup Office 365 old emails. Now it is clear “How to find old emails in Office 365 webmail”.
Remove the Emails Missing Issue by Taking the Backup
It is always a clever move to take a mailbox backup from time to time. As it can help you when there is any issue like emails missing or mailbox disaster. This can also fix Office 365 Old Emails Missing issue. You can use it for analyzing the data, increasing the retention time and even for migrating the Office mailbox data. I’ll recommend here, the Office 365 Email Backup Utility. This utility can easily download all the emails from Office 365 mailbox and stores them to your computer’s hard drive. Later, you can restore that backup back to the Office 365 profile. To take the backup of your emails using this utility, you need to follow the below steps:
- Download and install the Office 365 Email Backup tool on your system.
- Launch the tool and you’ll see two options. Select the Backup option to proceed further.
- Click the Add button to add your office 365 account. Select the mailboxes available in Office 365 account to take backup.
- Then select the mailbox type that you want to backup from the primary mailbox, archive mailbox, or public folder, then click Migrate.
- Select the specific emails/items by using the smart filters for backup based on item type, folders, date, etc. and then hit on the Start Migration button.
- Now, select the desired file format to backup Office 365 hidden mailboxes and click OK.
- Select the location on your system where you want to save the backup file and click Ok.
- The process will take some time to backup depending on the size of the mailboxes. Once it is complete, you’ll receive a notification on your window screen.
Office 365 old emails missing issue can be easily resolved using these methods. All you need is to follow each step carefully. As I’ve told you earlier that taking a regular backup of your Office mailbox can be a savior in such a situation and it will make it a cakewalk to recover the old missing emails or deleted Office 365 emails. I hope, you found this article helpful.