We recently received a query regarding how to remove duplicate calendar entries in Outlook.
“My Outlook calendar is filled with duplicate entries. I do not know how it happened but now I want to remove multiple calendar entries in Outlook. I searched the Internet and found many solutions. Nothing worked at all. If anyone knows how to remove the duplicates, please help me by providing a viable solution to delete duplicate calendar items. ”
We receive similar queries very frequently. So, we decided to prepare an article that describes easy ways for removing duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 2016 or any other version. But first, let us start with a basic introduction.
Overview: Microsoft Outlook provides numerous services to enhance productivity and simplify the operations of both individuals and organizations. One such functionality of Outlook is Calendar where you can manage all your appointments and tasks. Moreover, it offers various options to increase efficiency.
Often, Outlook creates duplicate calendar entries that cause trouble to users. These duplicate calendar entries occupy unnecessary space in the Outlook calendar and local drive. It declines the speed and efficiency of the MS Outlook application. Therefore, it becomes inevitable to delete them permanently.
But, the question is, ‘How to remove duplicate calendar entries in Outlook’?
We will provide you with an easy and effective solution to delete identical calendar items. But before that, let us see what causes these duplicate entries to be created.
What Leads to Duplicate Calendar Entries?
Duplicate items create unnecessary clutter in your mailboxes that makes it difficult to identify the required items. The additional duplicate calendar entries degrade the efficiency of the application. But the main concern is what leads to these duplicate calendar entries. Below we have mentioned a few significant causes for the same.
- Improperly configured Outlook rules result in duplicate calendar entries.
- During the Outlook data transfer, if you do not block duplicate items from migration, identical calendar entries will appear at the destination.
- When you synchronize Outlook on different devices any inconsistency during the process will lead to duplicate calendar entries.
Now, let us check how you can delete duplicate items in Outlook calendar.
Manual Method to Remove Duplicate Calendar Entries in Outlook
First, we will discuss how you can delete the undesired duplicate calendar entries manually. For that, all you need to do is to perform some simple steps in the MS Outlook application. This approach is free of cost and requires minimal technical knowledge.
Follow the below steps to delete duplicate calendar entries manually
- Open MS Outlook in your system.
- Click on the Calendar icon in the bottom left section. It will open the Outlook Calendar.
- Switch to the View tab from the top menu bar.
- Click on the Change View button and select the List icon from the available options.
- After that, all the calendar entries will appear in list format.
- Click on the Subject field to sort the list alphabetically based on the subject of calendar entries.
- Now, you can easily identify duplicate items. Select and delete them all.
This is the manual approach to remove duplicate calendar entries in Outlook.
Professional Approach to Delete Duplicate Outlook Calendar Entries
DRS Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool is a fast, effective and reliable solution to delete duplicate Outlook calendar entries. Along with that, it can also remove duplicate Mail, Contacts, and Tasks. The application has many advanced features to make duplicate removal more specific. Also, it supports all versions of Windows OS.
Prominent Features of DRS Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool
- Select multiple Outlook PST files for duplicate removal.
- Delete Duplicate Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks in Outlook.
- Advanced date range Mail Filter feature to delete duplicate emails of a specific date range.
- Allows you to search duplicate items within the folder and across the folder.
- Identify duplicate items based on subject, body, categories, start date, end date, etc.
How to Remove Duplicate Calendar Entries in Outlook – Professionally
Follow the below instructions to delete duplicate items via DRS Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool.
- Download the DRS Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool. Install the application and run it as administrator.
- Click on the Browse button and choose the desired PST file from your system. Click Next to proceed further.
- Now, choose the desired folder from the preview and press Next.
- Enable the Mail Filter and Task Filter. Select a suitable Start Date and End Date to specify the date range.
- Choose the Outlook items from which you want to remove duplicates like Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks.
- After that, specify the remaining tool options as per your requirements.
- At last, click on the Convert button to delete duplicate Outlook items.
I hope you have got a satisfactory solution to your problem. We covered the main causes of the creation of duplicate calendar entries. After that, we explained how to remove duplicate calendar entries in Outlook. In the end, we suggest a professional solution to eliminate duplicate Outlook calendar and mail items.