SQL Server Database is a relational database management system which is mainly used by professionals to manage and store the data. There are mainly three types of files in database: MDF, NDF and LDF files in SQL Database.
- MDF File-In each database of SQL server there is one MDF file which stores values, views, keys, tables etc.
- NDF File-It is used to send data across various disks and store the data.
- LDF File-This one is backup files and it is used to store log information and restore the database in case of corruption.
MDF file is one of the most important files in SQL database and anyhow if it is corrupted then it leads to inaccessibility to data and SQL Database corruption. It gives error messages whenever the user tries to access the database. Some of the error messages which users usually see are as follows:
- Error 9004 in SQL Server– This error occurs when the contents of the transaction log are damaged and corrupted.
- Metadata Corruption error– Metadata got corrupted in SQL Database when procedures, system views, and functions are damaged.
- SQL Server Page Level corruption– All MDF and LDF files consist of pages and each page is in different locations of servers, corruption in any one of the page leads to corruption in all over the database.
- Msg 7105 in SQL Server-It occurs when there is a database problem in a database page and there is an issue within the SQL Server Engine.
You may also read: Alternative approach to fix SQL Server Database Error 3456
These are some of the errors which user gets while using and accessing corrupt SQL Database.
Common reasons for Database Corruption in SQL
- Human errors like accidental deletion of data, updating software from old to new version.
- Malware/Virus attack slows down the performance and functioning of the database.
- Sudden power outage or system shutdown which results in hardware and server interruption.
- Modification in SQL Server account.
- Storing database in compressed folders.
One can get rid of virus/malware issue by following some tips in order to work without any interruption.
Tips to prevent Database corruption from virus attack
- Validation of entered data.
- On regular basis change your application password.
- Eradicate unnecessary functionalities to prevent the database from hacking.
- Best and foremost tip to follow is to use web application firewall while using SQL Database in order to prevent the database from malware and virus.
Manual solutions to fix SQL Database corruption
Below-mentioned methods can be used for minor level corruption and don’t expect immediate results as it depends on the level of corruption, maybe these methods are no more effective to deal with the certain level of corruption. Then, in that case, you have to apply the alternative method to again access your database. These are some of the manual ways to fix SQL Database:
- One can use log file or a backup file to repair SQL Database but in some cases due to the severity of corruption, this method may not work.
- The user can use database console command DBCC DEBREPAIR and DBCC CHECKDB to fix SQL Database, as this method requires a little bit of technical expertise and grip on command, it might be difficult for the non-technical user to follow this method. This method is useful only for minor level corruption.
When user came across the corruption issue lately or SQL Database is corrupted in a more severe way. In such cases, users don’t need to worry you can resolve the common reasons for database corruption in SQL by repairing it with the help of SQL Server Database Recovery software. Impressive and easy to use interface which also helps novice user to work on it efficiently. This software fixes all SQL Database issues and errors in indexes, columns, values, keys etc. If your matching tables consist of user-defined schema this software fixes it that too.