Summary: If you are one such user who wants to convert PDF to plain text but did not find satisfactory results, your search ends here. In this article, we will explain some easy and effective techniques to extract text from PDF to plain text files. Furthermore, we will also describe a professional solution to change the file format. So, read the article till the end.
PDF files are best known for their compatibility and invariable content. You can access your PDF file content on various devices. While opening the file, the content remains intact whether you open it on your mobile phone or on your PC. Another signature attribute of PDF files is that the file content cannot be changed easily. To modify the file content, you need the owner’s password of that PDF file.
As the PDF file content is invariable, it is ideal for sharing information. PDF files are mostly used for invoices, documents, educational work, forms, books, etc. A plain text file is the simplest file to store plain text without any formatting. If you want to save the text of your PDF file, a plain text file is the most suitable file type.
Now, let us explore some effective methods to convert PDF files to plain text files.
Manual Methods to Convert PDF to Plain Text File
There are numerous techniques to change PDF to plain text files manually. These methods are effective and easy even for non-technical users. In the manual approach, you do not need to install any third-party software. A few simple manual methods are explained below.
#1. Use Adobe Acrobat to Convert PDF File to Plain Text File
- Open Adobe Acrobat in your system.
- Now, click on the File button and select the Open
- Go to the location of the desired PDF file. Select it and press Open.
- It will open the required PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.
- After that, click on the File button and select the Save As Text option.
- Now, define a suitable saving location and hit the Save button.
After performing the above procedure, you can easily convert your PDF file into a plain text file. But if you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your PC, you can adopt another procedure.
#2. Convert PDF to Plain Text via MS Word
- Go to the location of the desired PDF file.
- Right-click on the desired file. After that, choose the Open with
- Select MS Word It will open the file in MS Word.
- Now, click on the File button and choose the Save As
- After that, select the Browse Give a suitable name and location to the file.
- Expand the Save as Type field and select the Plain text option. Hit the Save button to save the PDF document as a plain text file.
#3. Use Copy and Paste Method
- Open the desired PDF file you want to convert.
- Now, press the Ctrl+A to select the complete file content.
- After that, press Ctrl+C to copy this content.
- Now, open the Notepad Press Ctrl+V to paste the entire content.
- Click on the File button and select the Save Assign a suitable name and location to the resultant file.
- At last, hit the Save button to save the text file.
By adopting any of the above methods, you can easily convert PDF to plain text online free. These are manual solutions that are free of cost. Along with that, they require minimum technical knowledge to change the PDF file into TXT file format.
However, if you want to convert multiple PDF files into a txt file format, these methods are not recommended. Also, you can only convert your PDF file into a few limited file types by adopting the above manual procedures. Therefore, we suggest you an advanced, versatile, and effective tool to convert your PDF files.
Advanced Solution to Convert PDF to Plain Text
DRS PDF Converter Tool is the best tool to convert any number of PDF files to plain text files at once. Along with that, the application enables you to convert PDF to various file types such as DOC, HTML, XML, EML, MSG, RTF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and many other file formats. It has a very simple and interactive GUI. Moreover, you can download and use the PDF converter on any version of Windows OS.
Prominent Features of the DRS PDF Converter Tool
- It can convert multiple PDF files into text, image, spreadsheet, and document format effectively.
- It provides you with an option to modify the properties of the resultant file as per your requirement.
- You can save PDF attachments in a sub-folder using this application.
- Easy to navigate GUI for better user experience and fast PDF conversion.
- Support all versions of PDF and is compatible with all Windows OS versions.
How to Convert PDF to Plain Text via DRS PDF Converter Tool
- Download and install the DRS PDF Converter Tool. Run the application as administrator.
- Click on the Add File button to add desired PDF files.
- Choose desired files from your system and press the Open
- After that, the file has been added. Check the file and click on the Next
- Now, choose the destination file type in the Select Save As
- Select other options as per your requirement and click on the Convert button.
I hope this article has provided you with all the necessary information that you are looking for. Here, we described different manual methods to convert PDF to plain text files. These methods are free of cost but have a limitation in that they are not suitable for bulk file conversion. Therefore, we recommended the most reliable PDF Converter Tool that can convert any number of PDF files into multiple file formats effortlessly.