Have you ever come across Outlook error 0x8004010F – Outlook data file cannot be accessed?
There are many kind of errors and issues which Outlook users face frequently. Among all one of the most common error is Outlook error 0x8004010f. Due to this error, the user is unable to send or receive messages
Causes of error 0x8004010f:
- Error and corruption in .PST file.
- Any up date in Windows or Outlook usually corrupts Outlook profile.
- Disturbance in synchronization between Outlook and exchange server.
How to fix Outlook Error 0x8004010f:
The user can choose any below-mentioned ways to fix this error.
# Solution 1- Create new Outlook profile
You can create an all-new Outlook profile by following ways:
Firstly, locate the Outlook Data File by following steps:
- Go to Control Panel and click on Mail.
- The ‘Mail Setup-Outlook’ dialog box will appear. Now, click on Show Profiles.
- Select the current Outlook profile and click on Properties.
- The ‘Mail Setup-Outlook” dialog box will appear again. Click on Data Files.
- Now, ‘Account Settings’ dialog box will open. Then click on the Data Files and note down the location and other info about the current location of Outlook profile
- Click on close.
Now, create all new Outlook Profile
- Go to Control Panel.
- The ‘Mail Setup-Outlook’ dialog box will appear. Click on show profiles.
- Now, select current Outlook profile and click on Add.
- Assign a new name for the new profile in the New Profile dialog box and click on Ok.
- After that, The ‘Add New Account’ dialog box will open.
- Now, type information related to your emails and click Ok.
- Click on Finish.
At last, set your all-new Outlook profile as the default profile
- Click on Control Panel.
- The ‘Mail Setup-Outlook’ dialog box will appear. After that click Show Profiles.
- Choose the option “Always use this profile’ and from the drop-down menu select the all-new Outlook profile
- Click Ok.
# Solution 2
- Go to Outlook “Account Settings” and then at the “E-mail” tab, go to account with an issue and click on Change Folder
- Now, click on New Outlook Data File.
- Assign a name to the newly created file XYZ and press OK. After that expand the newly created file XYZ and select the ‘Inbox’ sub folder & click Ok
- At Account Settings, click on Change Folder.
- Now, select the correct file that you want to store e-mail messages and click OK.
- Close Account Settings and click “Send/Receive”.
# Solution 3
- Go to Run and then type Firewall.cpl.
- Windows Firewall window appears.
- Click from left menu pane “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”. After that under private network setting select option “Turn off Windows Firewall”
- Now, under Public network setting select option ” Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”. Click on OK.
In some scenarios, the above-mentioned methods fail to fix Outlook error 0x8004010f. Thus, to fix or resolve such errors, one can opt for a professional Outlook PST Repair tool.
Prominent features of this tool:
- Efficiently supports both ANSI and Unicode characters.
- There is no size limitation in recovery process.
- Offers multiple saving options: PST, MBOX, MSG, DBX, HTML, EML etc.
- Preview before saving your final output.
I have discussed few manual methods to fix Outlook error 0x8004010f along with a professional PST Recovery tool. You can use any of the above-mentioned methods to fix it.
2 thoughts on “Ways to fix Outlook Error 0x8004010f – Outlook Data File cannot be Accessed”
I am sure this post has touched all the internet visitors, its really really good piece of writing.
Thanks for the feedback. Keep reading.