Changing Outlook Password on a regular interval prevents you from many unethical activities and protects against data breaches. However, changing a password isn’t an easy task especially when it comes to Microsoft Outlook. If you want to change your password in Outlook 2016 or the earlier versions of the application, read this blog. We are going to highlight a few tips to change MS Outlook passwords.
To update your profile password in Outlook, you have to make the changes with an email provider like Microsoft 365, iCloud, Gmail, Exchange Server, etc. Also, you need to change the password of an Outlook desktop client.
To do so, you have to change or update the password with the email provider first and then you can change the password in the Outlook desktop client.
Fix Outlook keeps asking for password yourself, or have DRS Softech do it for you!
Download the best DRS Outlook PST Password Remover to Remove, and Set Password in PST Files.
How to Change MS Outlook Client Password?
Perform the below steps if you are using Microsoft 365 subscription or you have MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier versions.
- Click on File and then Info.
- Under Account Settings, click on the Manage Profiles option.
- In the Mail Setup – Outlook wizard, click on the Email Accounts option.
- Here in the Account Settings dialogue box, click on Email and then click on the Change Button which will lead you to the Change Account window.
- Go to the Logon Information section and click on the Next button.
- Finally, wait for the task to get completed. Once it is done, click on the Close button to exit from the window.
Also Read: How to fix Outlook Keeps Asking for Password
Steps to Change Outlook.com Password
Follow the below steps to change the password in the Outlook.com email provider:
- Sign in to your Outlook.com account and go to the Security page from the top menu.
- Under Password Security, click on to Change my password option.
- Provide the current password and then enter the new password and reenter the password respectively.
This is how you can easily change the password of your Outlook.com email provider.
Still Confused? Try a Professional Way to Set a New Outlook Password
If you are still confused and not able to change the password in Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013, 2010, and below versions by using the above methods, you can rely on a professionally recommended tool like DRS PST Password Remover. It is a 2-in-1 application to set and remove the Outlook PST file. Using this software, you can set or remove an existing password just in a matter of minutes. It works well with all the MS Windows versions. You can change Outlook Password in Windows 10, 11, and below versions of MS Windows.
A few of its prominent features are:
- Allows setting PST password in a jiffy.
- Options to remove and unlock password-protected PST files.
- Supports both ANSI and UNICODE password recovery.
- Works well with all the MS Outlook versions.
- Compatible with all the Windows versions including Win 11.
- Self-explanatory user-interface.
The Bottom Line
In this blog, we have explained how to change passwords in Outlook 2016 and earlier versions of Outlook. Using the manual steps, you can change your PST password. However, it requires some technical knowledge to perform the steps and doesn’t guarantee a successful result. Hence, opting for a professional utility would be a wise choice.