This is the fact that the companies have started moving towards the cloud computing solutions. However, it doesn’t mean that the businesses need to abandon their other email clients. Gmail is the widely used email service provider which is offered by Google. It provides GBs of space to store the messages and other mailbox data. Gmail is free to use by any individual by simply creating an account with Gmail. MS Outlook is also a popularly used email service provider. Outlook provides several amazing features that attract the users. Many users find it difficult to configure Gmail in MS Outlook. So in this blog, we will discuss how users can effortlessly add Gmail to Outlook program.
Before moving further, let’s first understand the need to configure Gmail Outlook settings.
Need to Configure Gmail in MS Outlook
This would be beneficial for the users who use more than one email client applications. Some of the reasons for which users need to configure Gmail with Outlook are –
- It’s a bit tricky to organize messages and emails in Gmail.
- Users cannot access Gmail in the offline mode.
- Users are not able to access multiple email accounts with Gmail. But, with the MS Outlook program, users can easily manage multiple email accounts.
Methods To Configure Gmail in MS Outlook
We have mentioned below some simple steps that you can follow and modify the MS Outlook Gmail setting for the configuration. But before moving further, make sure to enable the Gmail IMAP settings. Follow the below process to enable the IMAP settings.
- Sign-in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon and choose settings option.
- Go to the Forward POP/IMAP
- Turn ON the enable IMAP, and then click on save changes.
After the IMAP settings are enabled, we will now move further to configure Gmail in Outlook. To do so, follow the below provided steps –
- Login to your MS Outlook application.
- Go to the file tab.
- Click on the Add account button under the Info section.
- Click on the manual setup in open wizard.
- Choose POP/IMAP to configure Gmail in MS Outlook.
- In the next window, add details for IMAP account such as your name, account type, incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, your Gmail ID and password.
- After this, click on more settings and go to the Outgoing server tab. Check on My outgoing server requires authentication. Then click on use name settings as my incoming mail server.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the above window and enter the details to set Gmail SMTP server settings as provided below.
Incoming server or IMAP : 143 or 993
Incoming server encrypted connection : SSL/TLS
Outgoing server (SMTP) : 587 or 465
Outgoing server encrypted connection : SSL/TLS
- You will then receive a congratulations window for successful completion of the tasks. Click on the close button to continue.
- Finally, click on the finish button to end the process.
MS Outlook Gmail settings are now completed. You can now open the Outlook program and find a Gmail account in the pane.
Above in this blog, we have discussed the process to configure Gmail in MS Outlook and what are the common reasons to add Gmail to Outlook. However, many users want to migrate their important Gmail data in MS Outlook or in any other email client application like Yahoo, Hotmail, Office 365, etc. So you can consider using the smart Gmail Backup tool by Data Recovery solutions which can easily migrate all the Gmail mailbox data with all the attachments to another email service provider.