Summary: If you are a CorelDraw user, you will surely be aware of the CDR file format. Also, you may have felt a need to convert CDR to PDF file format. Here, we bring you the most effective methods to convert Corel Draw CDR file to PDF file format. Before that, let us first check what the CDR file format is.
CorelDraw is a vector graphic editor that saves the file with CDR file extension. It is an image format like PNG, GIF, or TIFF. However, the difference is that it is mainly associated with vector design. On the other hand, all of us are familiar with the PDF file format which is primarily a document format to save valuable information.
Most users want to convert CorelDraw to PDF file format. There are many advantages of this file conversion. In the next section, we will check the benefits of converting CDR to PDF file format.
Why Convert CDR to PDF?
Before we explain the solutions to convert Corel to PDF file format, we will discuss some advantages of PDF over CDR files.
- PDF files are a widely accepted document format. You can open a PDF file on almost any digital device. On the Other hand, CDR files do not provide such a facility.
- One of the most remarkable characteristics of the PDF file format is that the layout of a PDF file will remain intact whether you open the file on a PC or a mobile device.
- A PDF file is a more secure document file type. You can add password protection to the PDF file. However, there is no such option in CDR files.
Now, we have learned the most significant reasons for converting CorelDraw CDR files to PDF file format. It is time to check how to convert CDR to PDF file format.
Methods to Convert CorelDraw CDR to PDF Online
For converting CorelDraw files to PDF file format, there are two different approaches you can adopt: Manual and Professional. Both techniques have their pros and cons. Therefore, you have to choose any method as per your suitability. We will cover both approaches one by one.
Want the most reliable and efficient solution?
Check out the best professional tool: DRS CDR File Converter Tool
Manual Solution to Convert CorelDraw CDR to PDF File Format
In the manual method, you perform a series of steps in a specific application. This approach does not incorporate third-party software. Hence, it is a free way to convert your CDR file to PDF file format. However, you must have the technical expertise to perform those steps. Below we discuss two manual methods that are easy and effective at the same time.
#1. Use CorelDraw Corel File Convert to PDF File Format
- Launch CorelDraw on your PC and open the desired file you want to convert.
- After that, click the File button and choose the Print option from the list.
- Now, you will see the print wizard. Select PDF as the destination file format and press Print
- It will save the selected CDR file in PDF format at the specified location.
#2. Use InkScape to Change CorelDraw CDR to PDF
- Launch the InkScape application in your system.
- Open the CDR file you want to save in PDF file format.
- Now, click on the File button at the top menu bar.
- After that, select the Save As option from the list.
- Define the destination path and assign a suitable name.
- Expand the Save as type field and choose Portable Document Format (.pdf) from the list.
- Hit the Save button from the list to save the CDR file as a PDF file.
After performing the above procedure, you can easily convert the CDR file to PDF format. The above steps are easy to execute. Although the manual methods are effective, they have certain drawbacks. They are not the perfect solution when you want to convert CDR in bulk. Also, you cannot save CDR in other file types.
So, what should we do now?
For these reasons, we suggest you opt for the professional tool.
Professional Approach to Convert CDR to PDF File Format
DRS CorelDraw CDR File Converter Tool is the most suitable and professional approach for Corel Draw file convert to PDF and many other saving formats. It simplifies the process of CDR file conversion so that you can change the file in a few simple steps. The application is built with an interactive GUI. Any novice and non-technical users can use the application. Moreover, the application is widely compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
I hope this article has provided suitable solutions to your query, “how to convert CDR to PDF Acrobat.” Also, we described the benefits of converting CDR to PDF. Among the two main approaches (manual and professional), we recommend the professional solution because of its simplicity and effectiveness.