If you are working on a Windows system and accidentally facing error 0x80070002, then you have to fix it immediately. As this error causes other problems that could be impossible to solve. So, here, we are showing you all the details about this error, methods for solving a user query “how to fix error code 0x80070002” and their reasons as well.
Why is there an error 0x80070002 in Windows 10?
The error code 0x80070002 will differ from the various versions of Windows. This 0x80070002 error can be seen in Windows XP. Also, when you are running Windows 10/8/7, this error occurs most of the time.
Generally, such errors occur when some files are missing or corrupted in the Windows Update. Even if the update is correctly downloaded and extracted, or any defective issue with the driver. So, it is very important to fix this error immediately by these methods as mentioned in the next section.
Methods to Troubleshoot Windows Error Code 0x80070002
Method 1: Verify Time Settings
Information is the secret to performance; the time settings have a major impact on upgrading Windows. Only verify the date and time settings will fix your issue:
- Open your system and visit the “Control Panel” then open “Date and Time”.
- Go to the “Change date and time” and make it accurate if required.
- Setup your time zone before hitting OK.
- After this, tap the “Internet Time” tab before choosing “Change Settings”
- Verify “Synchronize with an Internet time server” before opting for the Time Server from the list appears.
- Next, tap “Update Now”
- To complete the setup, hit “OK” twice, and close all open Windows.
Until you enter Windows Update, restart your computer after this. If you scheduled an incorrect time on your device then you can repair the 0x80070002 error by doing the above steps.
Method 2. Check and uninstall corrupted files from machine
Therefore, it is advisable to check to see if you have any compromised files on your machine if the fast fix doesn’t work.
Step 1: Scan & Test the Corrupted files
- Initially, scan and test the Corrupted System Files in your system.
- Then press the Windows icon and just type CMD. Make a right-click on the command prompt and pick Run as Administrator option.
- Then enter “SFC /scannow” on the cmd screen and press enter
- Just wait for the process to finish.
If you find a message showing everything good then try running Windows Update again. If you find an error message showing the corrupted files found from the system but can not be fixed then try to remove all the corrupted files. Follow the below steps for deleting corrupted files as follows:
Step 2: Deleting Corrupted Windows Update Files
- Press the “Start” button>> “Control Panel”. Visit the search box and type “Administrative Tools”>>Enter.
- A pop-up Windows will appear, double-clicking the option “Service”. If you are told to send a password or confirmation to the administrator, type the password and provide confirmation.
- Now, hit the “Name” tab to order items alphabetically. Then you can easily search out Windows Update service. Make a right-click on it and Pick Stop.
If you don’t support deleting device files, you can repair download error – 0x80070002 by removing the software distribution folder. It will assist you in fixing this error. To get it fixed now obey Method 3.
Method 3: Removing a Software Distribution Folder to fix error 0x80070002
The storage folder for the Program can be found on your system’s C drive. It is in the folder where all updates downloaded for Windows are kept.
It can find out that certain files in the folder are compromised and therefore can not install updates, or stop them from doing so. Removing it can help fix 0x80070002 error code.
- First open “This PC” or “My computer”
- Then go to the “C:\Windows” folder.
- Look for and remove the “SoftwareDistribution” folder You can also change the folder as “SoftwareDistributionOld” if you don’t want to delete it.
- Reboot your device before logging into the Windows Update Store. You will notice downloading and installing updates. It will ensure its approach works to repair error code 0x80070002 for you.
Method 4. Try Updating Troubleshooter on Windows
The Windows Update Troubleshooter is also a tool to suggest when running Windows Update in case of any issues. Switch to the official Microsoft website, check and download the “Troubleshooter” and this application will quickly detect and repair popular Windows Update issues.
If still you face the same issue again and again then try this one of the best tools i.e Outlook PST Recovery tool. This advanced utility recovers all the corrupted files and hence solves the issue easily.
Windows users face error 0x80070002 most of the time. Users don’t know how to fix such Windows issues. So, here we are described here in many manual ways and a professional way to fix such issues immediately. I Hope, you will get some instant fixes from the above-mentioned methods.