MS Outlook is one of the most popular and highly recommended email clients. It provides numerous business tools and productive features to enhance business growth. Now, if you are an Outlook user, you might have encountered Outlook error 0x80040115. It is the most frequent Outlook issue that has troubled many users.
Now, we will discuss how you can fix this Outlook problem. Along with that, we will also explain the main reasons for this problem. Furthermore, you will also learn about a professional solution to resolve this Outlook error. Let us see some of the most common causes of the issue.
What are the Reasons Behind Outlook Error 0x80040115?
Behind any Outlook error message, Numerous factors can lead to this issue. Below we mention some prominent causes.
- Inappropriate Outlook installation is one of the main reasons for Outlook reported error 0x80040115.
- Another reason for this Outlook issue is when the email conflicts with the server.
- Interference with any third-party application also leads to this issue, because they block some parts of the MS Outlook program.
- Hard drive failure leads to various Outlook error messages. Thus, it is also a prime cause of Outlook errors.
- If your Outlook data file gets corrupted, this is another reason for the error 0x80040115.
These are some prominent reasons for the Microsoft Exchange Server reported an error 0x80040115. Now, it is time to learn how to fix this Outlook error message.
Manual Solutions to Fix Outlook 0x80040115 Error Messages
We have discussed some significant reasons for Outlook error 0x80040115 in Windows 10 or any other version. Depending on that, we share some genuine solutions that will help you resolve this issue. All these techniques are simple and do not require any prior technical expertise.
#1. Run MS Outlook in Safe Mode
- Press the Win+R button to open the run command.
- Type ‘Outlook /safe’ in the field and click the Enter
- It will open MS Outlook in safe mode.
- Now, disable Outlook add-ins one by one.
- Close the application and reopen Outlook again in normal mode.
- Next, enable add-ins one by one to check the faulty add-in.
- After identifying the faulty program, keep that disabled and check if the problem has been resolved.
#2. Turn Off Antivirus Programs
If you have an antivirus program in your system, it might be possible that you are facing an Outlook issue because of that software. So, it is advised to disable the antivirus program and check whether the problem gets resolved or not. Follow the below instructions.
- Open the tray menu available at the bottom right corner of your Windows screen.
- Now, right-click on the antivirus program and check for Real-time protection.
- After that, turn off this feature to prevent interference with the antivirus.
#3. Delete the DNS Cache
Deleting the DNS Cache is another way to resolve the issue. If you clear the DNS cache, the Outlook application has to create new cache files. It also fixes the Outlook error 0x80040115. Below are the steps to clear the DNS cache files.
- Search for the Command Prompt in your system.
- Right-click on the application and select Run as administrator.
- Now, type ipconfig/flushdns in the field and press Enter.
- This will delete all the DNS cache files from your system.
- After successfully clearing cache files, you will see the Outlook error resolved.
#4. Repair MS Outlook Installation
If nothing works, you can repair the MS Outlook application. It resolves multiple Outlook issues. Follow the below steps to repair the Outlook software.
- Open the Control Panel in your system and click on the Uninstall a program option.
- After that, select the Office setup and click on the Change button.
- You will see a pop-up screen. Opt for the Quick Repair option and then press the Repair button.
- It will take some time. But after the process gets completed, your Outlook error will get resolved.
#5. Change Outlook Profile Settings
As we mentioned earlier, one of the main reasons for the Outlook 0x80040115 error is a misconfigured Outlook profile. Therefore, you can resolve the issue by making suitable changes to the profile. Follow the below instructions to change Outlook settings.
- Open the Control Panel in your system and search for the Mail
- It will open the Mail setup for Outlook. Click on the Email Accounts
- After that, select the desired email account and press the Change
- Click on the More settings option and switch to the Outgoing tab.
- Tick the My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires an authentication Click OK to save the change.
#6. Repair Corrupt Outlook Data File
If the Outlook data file gets corrupted, it causes the Outlook error 0x80040115. You can resolve the problem by repairing the damaged data file. For this purpose, Microsoft provides you with the inbuilt Inbox Repair Tool (SCANPST.exe). Below are the steps to fix the damaged PST file.
- Open the File Explorer application and go to the following location.
- 32-bit Windows – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- 64-bit Windows – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- 64-bit Windows – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
Note: You must tick the Show hidden files, folders, and drive option.
- After that, select exe and open it.
- Click the Browse button and add the desired PST file you want to repair.
- After that, click on the Start button to initiate the file scanning.
- Next, click the Repair button to fix minor corruption and restore the file to its original state.
The Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) is ideal for repairing the damaged Outlook data file. However, you cannot restore data from a heavily corrupted file. Therefore, we suggest an advanced solution that allows you to regain your data from a severely corrupted PST file.
Professional Solution to Repair Corrupt Outlook Data File
DRS PST Recovery Tool is the best solution to repair corrupted and inaccessible Outlook PST files. Using this software, you can restore the PST file to its original state and access the file content easily. Moreover, the application has a simple and interactive GUI for a better user experience. It supports Outlook data files created by any Outlook version. You can download and use the application on any version of Windows OS.
Outlook error 0x80040115 is a daunting error to resolve but there are different solutions to fix this issue. Based on the cause of this error message, you can choose any appropriate method. It might be possible that the Outlook data file gets corrupted and causes this error message. You can repair the file through SCANPST.exe. But this application can only resolve minor corruptions. Therefore, we suggested a professional PST Recovery Tool recover your data from any level of file corruption.