There are occasions when you need to transfer Google contacts to iCloud such as moving from an Android device to an iPhone. Hence, in this blog, we are going to walk you through two different and easy methods to import Gmail contacts to iCloud. By the end of this blog, you will be able to transfer contacts from Gmail to iCloud either through manual method or by opting for an award-winning Gmail Backup Tool.
The Google contacts or phone contacts are very essential and confidential data for each one of us as it contains very crucial information like names, email ids, address, numbers, etc. Therefore, many users want to keep their important data like contact information safe from getting deleted. If you are such a user and looking for a solution to import Gmail contacts to iCloud, just read this blog as we have covered all the possible ways to export Google contacts to iCloud to keep a replica of your original contacts list.
How to Import Gmail Contacts to iCloud using Free Manual Method?
To transfer Gmail contacts to the iCloud using the DIY approach, you have to execute two steps given below:
- Export Google Contacts as vCard Contacts
- Import vCard Contacts to iCloud to export Google contacts to iCloud
Let’s discuss both the steps in detail:
Step 1: Export Google Contacts as vCard File Format
- Sign in to your Gmail account by providing valid credentials.
- Click on the Google Apps icon appearing at the top-right corner just before the profile icon.
- Now, click on the Contacts option just below the Gmail icon as shown in the below screenshot.
- Here in the Contacts screen, select the contact detail you want to export to iCloud.
- Click on three dots and then click on the Export option to proceed further.
- Now in the Export Contacts popup, select vCard (for iOS Contacts) and click on the Export button.
This is how you can easily export Gmail contacts as vCard. Now follow the below steps to import vCard file format to iCloud.
Step 2: Import vCard Contacts to iCloud
- Sign in to iCloud by providing a valid iCloud user name and password.
- Click on the Contact icon.
- Now, click on the Gear icon appearing at the left bottom corner.
- Select the Import vCard to import contacts from Gmail to iCloud.
- Now, choose the .vcf file and click on the Open button.
This is how you have successfully import Gmail contacts to iCloud.
The above steps will help you importing Gmail contacts to iCloud. Though, performing manual methods could be a time-consuming and tricky task to perform. Therefore, to perform a hassle-free task to import Gmail contacts to iCloud, you can rely on an award-winning DRS Gmail Backup software. The software will easily move contacts from Gmail to iCloud.
Cons of Manual Method:
- Tedious and time-consuming.
- Doesn’t guarantee a successful migration.
- Prior technical knowledge would be required.
- Chances of data loss while transferring Gmail contacts to iCloud.
MVPs Recommended Software to Import Gmail Contacts to iCloud
Besides the manual method demonstrated above, you can opt for a third-party DRS Gmail Backup Tool. It is equipped with many advanced features that let users to import contacts from Gmail to iCloud, Gmail to Gmail account, Thunderbird, Office 365, Live Exchange, Opera Mail, AOL, Hotmail, GoDaddy, HostGator, IMAP, Zoho Mail, Gmail to Yahoo, Yandex, Amazon Webmail, JSON, etc. email clients. Furthermore, the software also allows users to transfer Gmail emails and other data into PST, OST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, MSG, DBX, CSV, HTML, MHTML, PDF, TXT, Doc, Docx, Docm, PNG, JPG, GIF, and TIFF file formats.
DRS Softech makes migration easy
Download Free Best Gmail Backup Tool to import contacts from Gmail to iCloud, and backup Gmail emails to Outlook PST, MBOX, PDF, Gmail, Yahoo, Zoho, Office 365, AOL, etc.
Pros of third-party software
- Easy-to-use UI and navigational flow.
- Swift contacts transfer from Gmail to iCloud.
- Backup Gmail emails to external hard drive, computer, and different file formats.
- 100% data migration guarantee.
- MVPs tested and recommended software.
This blog has concluded with two methods i.e. manual and automated to import Gmail contacts to iCloud. So, if you are a technical user and can execute manual steps, then you should opt for the first method given above. However, knowing all the disadvantages of performing manual steps, choosing a professionally recommended DRS Gmail Backup tool would be a wise choice to export Google contacts to iCloud.