Users can make use of the Mozilla Thunderbird application for various benefits. Thus nowadays, many users are moving their mailbox data from another platform to Thunderbird. Thunderbird application is a popularly known email client for simple interface and provides some additional features such as channel chat, Mail account setup wizard, large file management, and many more. These features attract users to try the Thunderbird email client once. Many organizations also prefer the Outlook application for the sake of confidentiality and security. But still users prefer the Thunderbird email client over Outlook mainly due to it’s open source nature. Therefore, because of these reasons, users want to import OST to Thunderbird email client. Here in this blog, we will discuss the entire solution that will help to convert OST to MBOX file format of Thunderbird.
Before stepping to the process of conversion, let’s understand the prominent causes behind the migration from MS Outlook to Thunderbird.
Some Reasons to Import OST to Thunderbird
The primary reason behind the migration is the cost effectiveness of Thunderbird application. It provides a free platform for the users to manage their contacts, emails, calendars, and other utilities. Here we have mentioned some common reasons for which users move their data from Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Simple and sober user-friendly interface.
- Mail account setup.
- Able to hold large mailbox data without any issues in performance.
- Integrated channel chat feature.
There are many features that make the Thunderbird application stand out from the other email clients. However, Outlook is still recommended by the organizations as per the security concerns.
Now we will move further to the process to migrate OST data in Thunderbird email client.
Also Read – Export Gmail Emails to Outlook PST on Hard Drive/Computer
Professional Solution to Import OST to Thunderbird
The Outlook data migration to Thunderbird is nearly impossible without using any third-party/external tools as neither Thunderbird nor Outlook offers any direct means to migrate data from Outlook to Thunderbird. There are many converter tools available online for users to perform the task of migration, but it is always suggested to use the advanced and reliable solution. Therefore we recommend to use the outstanding DRS OST to MBOX converter to export OST files to MBOX format without any error or risk of data loss.
DRS OST to MBOX converter is an advanced solution which allows users to export OST mailbox items in PST, MBOX, EML, PDF, MSG, AOL, IMAP, Gmail, etc. There are no file size restrictions. Moreover, it easily opens the corrupt OST files and then converts them to PST.
- Launch OST file conversion tool in your system.
- Choose the single file or multiple file option.
- Provide the Log and Temporary file path then, click on the Next button.
- Now choose the select file or select folder as per the requirement.
- All the chosen files will be added to the tool.
- Select the Outlook OST items you want to export.
- Click on the Next button to move further.
- In the next windows, tick on the checkboxes as shown below as per your requirements.
- Define the path to save the resultant files.
- Press Convert to start the importing process.
- Once the importing process gets completed, users can download the report in CSV format.
These are the simple steps to import OST to Thunderbird email client. The software offers some amazing features and some of them are listed below here.
- Easily exports OST mailbox items to PST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, Gmail, Office 365, AOL mail, etc.
- Supports the conversion of password protected OST files.
- Exports all the mailbox items including emails, journals, tasks, contacts, etc.
- User friendly GUI.
- Restores the corrupt OST files.
- No technical expertise is required.
- There is no risk of data loss.
- No file size restrictions.
- Provides date filter, auto-search, and preview options.
- Supports all the versions of Windows OS.
- The demo version is able to export 25 emails per folder for free.
Above in this blog, we have discussed the recommended approach to import OST to Thunderbird email service provider. As discussed above, there are no manual methods to migrate OST to Thunderbird. So, users can use the smart automated software for an easy and quick OST to MBOX conversion.