Here, you will learn how to setup Gmail in Outlook 2016 and Outlook.com easily. The Outlook desktop application is different from the Outlook web version. So, the procedure will also be different. In this article, we will explain all techniques of adding your Gmail account in Outlook. So, read the article carefully for complete information.
Gmail is one of the most popular and efficient email providers. It provides you all the features that other email clients offer in their premium plans. Also, Google releases regular updates to fix bugs and other issues. So, you will not face the same problem with every update.
Although Gmail is an advanced email client, you may still need to add a Gmail account in Outlook 2016 or Outloo.com. There are multiple benefits to setting up your email account with Outlook. Let us explore them all.
Why Should You Setup Gmail in Outlook 2016?
Before learning the methods to connect Gmail to Outlook 2016 and Outlook.com, we should know the main advantages of adding your account. The following are the prominent reasons why most users are migrating Gmail to Outlook.
- By adding your Gmail account to Outlook, you can manage multiple email accounts on a single platform. You can access complete mailbox files using the same application.
- It provides you double protection from spam. Gmail blocks most of the spam emails, and the remaining emails will get blocked by Outlook.
- You can import Gmail contacts to Outlook. So, you can easily send the emails to required recipients.
- Gmail does not provide you the option to add a signature to an email. However, Outlook offers you this option. So, you can enable a signature using the Outlook application.
Considering the above benefits, it is suitable to set up Gmail in Outlook 2016 and Outlook.com. Let us learn how you can add a Gmail account to Outlook.
Don’t want to loose your crucial Gmail Emails?
Download Free DRS Best Gmail Email Backup Tool to backup Gmail emails to External Hard Drive, PC, Outlook PST, MBOX, PDF, Gmail, Yahoo, Zoho, Office 365, AOL, etc. before configuring Gmail in Outlook.
How to Configure Gmail in Outlook 2016 & Outlook.com?
Microsoft Outlook has different types to fulfill distinct purposes. MS Outlook 2016 is a desktop application, and Outlook.com is a web-based email client. As these are two different versions, the procedure to add Gmail will also be different. In the following section, you will learn both techniques one by one.
#1. How to Setup Gmail to Outlook 2016
Before you set up Gmail in Outlook 2016 or Outlook.com, you need to configure Gmail IMAP settings for Outlook 2016 in your Gmail account. After that, you can set up your email account in the Outlook application. So, there are two steps to set up Gmail in the Outlook desktop application.
- Enable Gmail IMAP setting in Outlook 2016
- Add Gmail to Outlook 2016
Step 1: Enable Gmail IMAP setting in Outlook 2016
- First, log in to your Gmail account and click on the Gear icon.
- Select the see all settings option to open all settings options.
- After that, switch to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Opt for the Enable IMAP option in the IMAP Access section. Press Save Changes.
Step 2: Add Gmail to Outlook 2016
- Now, launch the Outlook application in your system.
- Click on the File option in the top menu bar and then select the Info
- After that, click on the Add Account It will open the Add account wizard.
- Opt for the Manual setup or additional server type options and press Next.
- Choose the account type as POP or IMAP. Hit the Next button.
- In the new wizard, fill all the required details. Enter the following descriptions in the Server Information
- Account Type: IMAPIncoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.comOutgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
- Click on the More Settings button and choose the Outgoing Server tab in the pop-up.
- Tick the My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication Then, opt for the Use the same settings as my incoming mail server button. Press the OK button.
- Now, switch to the Advanced tab and verify the following details.
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming Server Encrypted Connection: SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465 or 587
- Outgoing Server Encrypted Connection: TLS
- Click the OK button to save the changes and press the Next
- Outlook will connect to the server and verify the account details.
- After successfully setting up your email account, click on the Finish button.
Following the above procedure, you will set up Gmail in Outlook 2016. After that, you can send and receive Gmail emails through this Outlook application. Let us also learn the procedure to add Gmail to Outlook.com.
#2. How to Add Gmail to Outlook.com
The procedure of adding an email account on Outlook.com is different from that of the Outlook desktop application. It is comparatively easy because you do not need to fill in the mail server details. Follow the steps below to set up Gmail in Outlook.com.
- Go to Outlook.com and log in to your Outlook email account.
- Click on the Gear (Settings) Select the View all Outlook settings option.
- After that, click on the Email tab and then select the Sync email
- Click on the Manage or choose a primary alias. A new page will be opened.
- Now, click on the Add email Opt for the Add an existing email address option.
- Type the desired Gmail email address and hit the Add Alias
- After that, you will receive a confirmation email on your Gmail account. Click on the verification link, and your Gmail account has now been added to Outlook.com.
The above method to add your Gmail account provides you all the features of Outlook as well as Gmail. However, if you set up Gmail in Outlook 2016 and POP3, you can also backup your data. However, there is a more efficient and advanced solution to meet this requirement.
Advanced Solution for Gmail Email Backup
DRS Gmail Backup tool is the best software that helps you create the backup of your Gmail emails. It also migrates your complete mailbox data to other email clients like Outlook.com. Along with innovative features, the software is easy to use. Anyone with or without technical expertise can save their precious data. Therefore, it is the ideal option to migrate your Gmail mailboxes.
Although the procedure to setup Gmail in Outlook 2016 & Outlook.com are different for both the Outlook versions, you can perform the steps easily. By adding your Gmail mailbox to Outlook, you can download your emails. You can opt for DRS Gmail Backup Tool. It is the most relevant solution for downloading your mailbox data to the system or migrating to other email clients.