If you are a frequent user of MS Outlook and want to import Gmail calendar to Outlook then follow this blog till the end.
Sometimes, users want to access their emails and other data like calendars, events, contacts, attachments, etc. on a single email service platform that’s why they need to import their data. There are different methods to import Google calendar to MS Outlook in Windows and Mac. Users can choose the methods according to their needs, now apply the methods below as per your need.
Import Google Calendar to Outlook in Windows
- First, open your web browser and type https://calendar.google.com
- After opening the calendar click on the gear icon >> Settings.
- Now click on the Import & Export option in the left sidebar menu.
- In the next screen click on Export to download your scheduled data. It will be download in a zipped .ics file. Open that file and you will see multiple .ics file for each Google calendars.
- Now, open your Outlook application and click on the File option.
- After opening the File, click on the Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- A wizard will open select Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs) from there and click Next.
- Now, locate the calendar that you want to import and click OK.
Import Gmail Calendar to Outlook in Mac
- First, open iCal (calendar of Apple Mail) and click on the toolbar option.
- Now, select the Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click the Accounts tab and click on the + icon to add or create a new account.
- After that, select Google from the Account Type and provide your Gmail login credentials to sync the Gmail account with iCal.
- Check the Calendar in the Account panel and also check the On My Computer. Now choose the account to sync the window and choose On my Computer / Calendar from Outlook folder to add new items.
- Finally, close the sync window and click on the OK in the warning box.
Import Google Calendar to Outlook with Backup Utility
Gmail Backup Utility is capable enough to import Gmail calendar, emails, contacts, etc. to Outlook, Yahoo, Thunderbird and on the other email clients in Windows and Mac. The utility also downloads the Gmail items to the hard drive in various file formats like PDF, HTML, EML, EML, TXT, MSG, MBOX, etc. The third-party utility is one of the best options in such a situation because they are easy to use for the users and also there is no fear of data loss while using them.
I have discussed three different methods to import Gmail calendar to Outlook. First for the Outlook on the Windows operating system, second for the Outlook on the Mac operating system and third is an automated utility that is applicable to both operating systems. Now it’s all up to you which one you choose. I would suggest using a third-party utility which is quick and easy to use for novice users too.
You May Also Read: How to Sync Gmail Account to Outlook