Generally, SD cards or memory cards are used in DSLRs, Android phones, and digital cameras to store photos, videos, etc. But, if these photos are suddenly deleted from your memory card, it’s going to be a problem for you. Then retrieving deleted photos from the memory card is also a big problem. So, don’t panic, this write-up explains approaches to recover deleted photos from memory card. Keep reading this post till the end.
Those photos deleted from memory cards, SD cards, SDXC, SDHC, memory stick, still exist in the card until there is no read or write operation taking place over that card.
SD card or memory card overwriting completely clears out the deleted images and renders them non-recoverable except with the latest technique of photo recovery. Therefore, it is preferable to avoid utilizing the SD card instantly after you know you deleted data on the SD card.
First, you should be aware of some of the main reasons that causes this situation.
Common Reasons that Trigger The Deletion of Photos from Memory Cards-
SD cards often get formatted in camera, Cell phone or Laptop due to some common reasons:
- Unintentional Deletion of photos from SD Card.
- Virus has infected the SD card.
- When the SD card has no space left and you are constantly clicking on images.
- SD card is overused in several devices and that resulted in corruption.
Now, going ahead, you will get to know all the approaches that can help you to get back deleted photos.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Memory Card-
You can perform many manual operations to recover deleted photos from SD cards.
Method 1: Assigning a new Drive
- First, open Disk Management from your system.
- Find the card and right-click it.
- Pick the option “Change Drive Letter and Paths” and generate the changes
- Then, restart your PC and link your SD card again.
Method 2: Again Install the Driver
- Initially, go to My Computer or This PC and make a right-click on it.
- Now on the left side, hit the Manage >>Device Manager.
- Then from the given list, double-click Disk Drives.
- Make a right-click on the removable drive name.
- Press Uninstall.
- Hit Ok
Method 3: Use Chkdsk, if the system asks to format the Memory card
- Visit the Windows Start option
- Now, type the cmd in the Search box
- Make a right-click cmd and pick the Run as Administrator option.
- Enter or type chkdsk < SD card drive letter>:/f (e.g., chkdsk E: /f) on the command prompt.
- Press Enter.
These are the manual procedures you can use to recover the lost photos from SD Card. But, this process took more time to execute and doesn’t provide the best results. There is no surety that all the deleted data gets recovered or not. But don’t worry, you can still get back your lost photos. Use the below method for this.
Photo Recovery Software is a great solution for recovery of your missing images as well as audio and video files. It smoothly works with any device of storage media like digital cameras, memory cards, external storage, USB sticks, etc. There could be any reason due to which you’ve lost your files, whether it’s accidental deletion, formatting or corruption, this one is the finest and most efficient way to recover deleted images from SD card in any file formats like BMP, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, MOS, MEF, PSP etc. It can also help you if you are unable to view JPEG files, it recovers those files and you can then access those files.
Why use this Photo Recovery Tool?
- Recovers photos from inaccessible or any corrupt SD cards
- Recovers audio files from corrupt memory cards in multiple formats like DSS, IFF, M4A, M4P, MIDI, MP3 etc.
- Delivers quick and correct results.
- Offers a preview of recovered photos.
This guide includes the reasons behind the deletion or loss of photos from your SD card and a number of ways to recover deleted photos from memory card. You can easily use the above methods, but these methods do not recover full data. So, another method also is given here to get back all the lost photos from the memory card.