Summary: Microsoft Office 365 is the most trusted and productive cloud-based application that allows users to manage information and run their businesses. It comes up with suites of apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, and Outlook that help users to maintain business continuity, data integrity, and other needful needs. Still, Microsoft doesn’t provide any efficient backup solution for Office 365 mailbox data, even if you have purchased the highest subscription plan.
In these data privacy and security days, it is always recommended to take the backup Office 365 mailbox data so that one can protect their mailbox data from threats of cyber attacks. In this blog, we will discuss the benefits of using Office 365 and why users need to back up Office 365 mailbox items. However, suppose you did not find any safe and effective solution to download O365 data. In that case, we recommend using the DRS Office 365 Email Backup Tool, which allows users to instantly back up Office 365 account data into a local drive.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription-based program with the most collaborative, up-to-date features in one seamless and integrated experience. It offers robust desktop applications like Outlook, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc. The tools in Office 365 complement each other and work together efficiently, so it’s a must-have for any business. It offers multiple advantages; first, let us understand what they are:
Benefits of Using Office 365
Access Mailbox files from Anywhere:- MS Office 365 enables users to store their data in the cloud. It means they can access their data from anywhere, any device, any location, but the only requirement is to establish proper internet connections. In addition, you can also access the Office suites application on a mobile device.
Offers Safe Cloud Storage:- Office 365 provides a better security environment with robust security measures like multi-factor authentication, two-step protection, and password protection on ID and mailbox files. It contains advanced threat detectors and anti-malware security protection, allowing only authorized users to access their files. With the help of Office 365, your business and its data are free to operate without any security concerns.
Improved Your Lack of Communication:- Office 365 provides users tools to keep communication centralized and straightforward across Skype and Outlook.
- Skype:- It is an efficient utility that permits users to communicate worldwide. Million professional and individual users use Skype to make free video and voice calls. In addition, you can also send an instant message, share files, and manage your data in the group.
- Outlook:- It is a powerful Office suite of applications that allows users to manage their personal and professional data. It can manage your mailbox containing important emails to focus on the messages that matter most and enables you to share your calendar, contacts, tasks, journals, etc.
Apps Upgrade their Features & Functions:- Office 365 provides all the essential applications to their users like Word, Excel, Skype, and Outlook, and there is no need to install the application, just access them online. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about the updates; they will automatically update themselves and require only proper internet connections.
File Storage and Sharing Capabilities:- Another benefit of Microsoft 365 is its file storage and sharing capabilities.
- OneDrive:- Using the OneDrive app, you can access your data anywhere, whether using Windows, Mac, or mobile devices. You can transfer your data from one account for business to another without any hassle.
- Sharepoint:- It is a web-based collaborative platform that integrates with the Microsoft Office suite. It offers the best ways to share and manage documents, files, and applications.
24/7 Support for Users:- Office 365 provides 24/7 support for its users, both over the phone and online. With this program, you will immediately access Microsoft software and its latest features and capabilities notifications.
Why is Microsoft Office 365 Backup Critical?
There are several critical reasons for Office 365 backup, like account deletion, folder deletion, offline access, etc. Here, we include the most authentic and reliable causes behind the Office 365 mailbox backup, which daily users also raise:
- Users want to download Office 365 account data to protect against data loss due to: Accidental deletion, Hackers, ransomware, and other malware, Malicious insiders, and Departing employees.
- Office 365 provides advanced retention policies and is not simple for the users to manage. But by performing a backup process, you can also access your data after.
- Many businesses are experiencing unnecessary threats from the inside, which is more than you think. But having a backup of mailbox data, there is no risk of data loss.
- Users may also want to switch from a Microsoft-based application to any other Google-based application like Gmail, and these possibilities create the backup of the account data.
- To access the Office 365 account data locally, users need to back it up on a local system(computer).
- If the result of license services ends, and if the org wants to save money on licenses when an employee leaves.
Best Solution to Download Office 365 Mailbox Data
DRS Office 365 Backup Tool is a safe and powerful utility to back up Office 365 mailboxes to PST and other 15+ file formats. It is competent enough to download the bulk of Office 365 mailbox emails into MSG, MBOX, CSV, PDF, DOC, DOCX, DOCM, and other formats. Additionally, users can also migrate Office 365 mailbox items to different cloud & web-based email clients like Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, IMAP, Hotmail, iCloud, HostGator, etc. On the other hand, it also has a feature to import PST/OST files into your Office 365 account.
Workable Steps to avoid the possibility of Office 365 mailbox Data loss
Step 1: Download the Start the Office 365 Backup Tool as an administrator.
Step 2: Choose the Backup option from the software wizard.
Step 3: Enter the Office 365 email address and third-party app password to Sign In.
Step 4: Here, you can import CSV files for multiple users’ accounts and select the Backup option(Mailbox/In-Place Archive/Public Folder).
Step 5: Click on the Next button to proceed further.
Step 6: Check the folders from the preview panel and click on the Next button.
Step 7: Select the saving format from the drop-down list(PST, EML, MSG, PDF) of Saves/Backup/Migrate As. (Here, we choose PST).
Step 8: Choose the different software features according to your requirements.
Step 9: Click the Convert button to start backup Office 365 mailbox data to PST format.
Step 10: Here, you can also download the final process report.
These days the possibility of data loss increases, and there is a lack of manual techniques to back up all the Office 365 account data simultaneously. So, DRS Office 365 Backup Software becomes a default option. It easily connects with Office 365 mailboxes from any subscription plan and allows you to take the backups of mailbox data.