If you are a webmail user and planning to export emails from Roundcube to Outlook email client, this blog will provide all the necessary information you are looking for. Here, we will cover why users need to export Roundcube emails to Outlook. After that, we suggest a method to migrate your mailbox data. And at last, we recommend a professional IMAP Email Backup tool for fast and efficient migration. Tool.
When someone asks the query, ‘How do I export emails from webmail to Outlook’? We suggest configuring their webmail account to the MS Outlook application and then exporting webmail emails to PST file format via the Import/Export functionality. This technique is quite easy, effective, and reliable.
Roundcube is an open-source IMAP-based webmail client that enables you to manage your emails, contacts, and calendars. When businesses or individuals purchase a domain name, the domain provider also offers an email account based on the custom domain. Now, Roundcube helps you to access your custom emails account and manage your business emails. It provides all the functionalities of a conventional webmail client.
Another common practice among webmail users is that they migrate Roundcube Mail to Outlook and manage their email accounts via the MS Outlook application. It is a more efficient method as you can manage multiple email accounts through a single application. Now, let us check the method to migrate Roundcube email to the Outlook application.
How to Export Emails from Roundcube to Outlook?
You can export your Roundcube webmail emails to the Outlook application using different methods. You can configure your Roundcube email account to MS Outlook and then export the mailbox data as a PST file. Alternatively, you can export webmail emails as EML files and then import them to Outlook. We will discuss both techniques in the below section.
#1. Configure Roundcube to Outlook Application
- Open MS Outlook in your system. Click on the Add Account
- Provide the desired email account and tick the Let me set up my account manually option in the Advanced options field. Click Connect.
- Choose the IMAP option from the list of mailbox types.
- Now, provide the password and hit the Connect
- After that, your Roundcube account has been configured to Outlook. You will see all your emails in the Outlook application.
- Click on the File button and choose the Open & Export
- Select the Import/Export icon to migrate your Roundcube email to Outlook.
- Choose the Export to a file option and click on the Next
- Select the Outlook data file (.pst) option and press the Next
- After that, select the Roundcube mailbox folder you want to backup and press Next.
- Define the saving location to the backup file and hit the Finish button to back up your Roundcube emails to PST file format.
#2. Export Roundcube Email to EML File and Import to Outlook
- Login to your Roundcube email account. Open the desired email you want to back up.
- Now, click on the More button and choose the Export It will download the email as an EML file.
- Repeat this procedure to back up all the desired Roundcube emails in EML file format.
- Now, locate the EML files and open MS Outlook. Select all the desired files and drag them. After that, drop them into the desired Outlook folder.
- It will export Roundcube emails to Outlook application.
By performing the above procedures, anyone can easily export emails from Roundcube to Outlook PST file format. Although this technique is effective, it has some restrictions. Therefore, we would never recommend this solution to users.
Also Read: How to Migrate RoundCube to Office 365
Professional Solution to Exports Emails from Webmail to Outlook
DRS IMAP Backup Tool is the best solution to export Roundcube to PST file format. You can also migrate your emails to MBOX, MSG, EML, PDF, CSV, DOC, DOCX, Gmail, G Suite, Office 365, and IMAP accounts. This application offers the latest features with an interactive GUI. Moreover, it has an advanced algorithm so that it works with all versions of Windows OS.
Features of the DRS IMAP Backup Tool
- Migrate complete mailbox data from Roundcube and other IMAP-enabled email accounts.
- Option to import CSV file to migrate multiple Roundcube email accounts simultaneously.
- Display a preview of all mailbox items available in the selected IMAP accounts.
- Backup Roundcube emails into PST, MBOX, MSG, CSV, PDF, EML, DOC, and DOCX file formats.
- Migrate Roundcube to Office 365, Gmail, G Suite, and IMAP account.
- Advanced migration options to filter out all the unnecessary mailbox data like duplicate emails, attachment files, etc.
Steps to Migrate Roundcube Emails to Outlook
Follow the below steps to export Roundcube emails to Outlook.
- Download and install the DRS IMAP Backup Tool. Run it as administrator.
- Click on Add Row button and provide the required login credentials. Hit Next.
- After that, check the mailbox preview and choose desired mailbox items. Press Next.
- Select the destination file format as PST. Choose the saving location and click Next.
- Now, specify all the migration options according to your need and click the Convert button.
I hope this article has provided you with all the necessary information regarding how to export emails from Roundcube to Outlook. The manual methods for migrating mailbox data are easy and effective, yet they have restrictions. Therefore, we recommend the professional IMAP backup tool. It is a complete solution for exporting any webmail email account into distinct file formats and email providers.