MS Outlook it the universally accepted email application by many users. But they don’t know the small and easy things about MS Outlook. Some of the users didn’t know how to check Outlook version 32 bit or 64 bit on a Windows operating system. But I would say that you must know these basic things. There is a major difference between MS Outlook 32 bit and MS Outlook 64 bit.
Advantage of 64 bit over 32 bit
- Smooth working with large data sets of Excel, PowerPoint, and other office files.
- Better handling of large videos and images used in PowerPoint.
- Quick and fast when working with the file over 2 GB.
- Uses more RAM to run the application smoothly.
- Works fast with the large Access Database files.
Well, 64 bit has certain advantages over 32 bit. Still, many users prefer 32 bit because it is easy to install and occupies less space on the system. If you don’t want to handle too large files then I would recommend you to use MS Outlook 32 bit. It works almost as same as 64 bit but you might face a problem when you have to deal with a file size over 2 GB.
The 32-bit Outlook application will not be able to run the file over 2 GB smoothly, therefore find out the version of your Outlook application and change it accordingly.
How to Check Outlook Version 32 bit or 64 bit on various Outlook Application
There are different versions of MS Outlook for Mac and Windows and for every version there are different steps for knowing the Bit version.
For Outlook 2013 & 2016
- Start Microsoft Program and Click on the File tab.
- Now, Select Office Account option from the List.
- Now, on the right Click on About Outlook option.
- You can see the bit on the top paragraph of the box.
Finally, you would be able to know the version of MS Outlook that whether it 32 bit or 64 bit. These options are for MS Outlook 2013 and 2016.
You May Also Read- How to Sync Gmail to Outlook.
Know the Bit Version in Outlook 2010
- Launch Outlook 2010 and Go to the File tab.
- Click on Help option.
- After that Select Microsoft Office Help option.
- The bit will appear on the down right side of the screen.
It is easy to know the bit version in MS Outlook 2010. But many users find convenient using MS Outlook on Mac and most of them don’t know how to determine the version in a bit. Now, the question arises how to check Outlook version 32 bit or 64 bit on Mac.
For Mac Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook on Mac Operating System.
- In the Menu, bar click on Word.
- From the drop-down menu click on About Word.
- A screen will be displayed showing you the version.
- If the version is 15.24 and above then Outlook is of 64 bit.
The earlier versions less than 15.24 runs on a 32-bit program.
Note* MS Outlook 2007 only has one version that is 32 bit. There is nothing like a 64-bit program in MS Outlook 2007.
Now, I am quite sure that you will be able to determine Outlook version 64 or 32 by yourself.
Now I would wind up things. I have told you how to find out whether Outlook is running on a 64-bit program or a 32-bit program. You just have to follow the steps and apply them to know the bit version. Outlook 2007 on works in the 32-bit program and therefore there is no need to find out the bit in which it is running and for the rest of the Outlook versions, I have mentioned the steps and solution. I hope now you can see the bit.