Today, most of the users are using MS Outlook application widely for sending and receiving email messages. But do you know whether your Outlook application is running on a 32 bit or 64-bit program? The Outlook service provider is installed in either a 32-bit or a 64-bit version. The systems running on Microsoft Outlook 64-bit version are likely to have more resources like memory and processing power. However, MS Outlook runs much the same regardless of the version you are using.
Before you install add-ins or plug-ins, you’ll need to know if you have Microsoft Outlook 32 bit or Microsoft Outlook 64 bit program. In this blog, we’ll provide you a step by step guide to check whether you are using a 32 bit Outlook or a 64 bit Outlook. Let’s now understand what is the superiority of 64 bit over a 32 bit subversion of Outlook.
Why does Outlook 64 bit Stands Tall Over Microsoft Outlook 32 Bit?
Here we have mentioned some of the advantages of 64 bit Outlook over the 32 bit version. However, apart from these advantages, some of the users still prefer 32 bit over 64 bit Outlook because it generally occupies less space and is easy to install. Both the versions are almost the same, but 32 bit Outlook does not support a file size larger than 2 GB. Check out the advantages of 64 bit below –
- The large data sets of Powerpoint, Word files and Excel runs smoothly on a 64 bit version.
- It can easily handle large images and videos of Powerpoint.
- Supports file size larger than 2 GB.
- It occupies more RAM for a smooth performance.
- Easily supports the large access Database files.
What Version of Outlook You Are Using?
It is too simple for users to determine the subversion of Microsoft Outlook. Every major version of Outlook has a different procedure to find out the sub versions. Follow the below steps to find out the sub versions.
Also Read: How to Increase Mailbox Size in Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
Microsoft Outlook 2007
The Microsoft Outlook application only ran on the Microsoft Outlook 32 bit version as when the Outlook 2007 was introduced, there was only one subversion i.e, 32 bit. Thus, MS Outlook Windows 7 32 bit program is used here.
Microsoft Outlook 2010
Follow the below steps to find out the subversion –
- Launch MS Outlook 2010 in your system.
- Go to the file tab.
- Select the Help option.
- Now click on the Microsoft Office Help.
- You can see the bit version of the application on the screen.
Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016
- Launch MS Outlook 2013 or 2016 in your system.
- Go to the File tab on the top left corner.
- Click on the Office Account option.
- Now click on the About Outlook on the right side.
- In About Microsoft Outlook Window, you can see the subversion of the application.
As per the image shown above, MS Outlook 2013 32 bit version of Outlook is running on the system. You can also check out whether you are using a 32 bit Outlook or 64 bit using the above procedure.
Microsoft Outlook For Mac
- Open Microsoft Outlook application on Mac OS.
- Go to the Word tab in the menu bar.
- Select About Word option.
- A new Window will appear where you will find the version of Outlook but not in a bit.
Note: The Mac Office version 15.24 and above runs only on a 64 bit program and below to that runs on a 32 bit program. Hence, if the version is 15.24 or above then you are running a 64-bit Outlook program.
Now hopefully, you can easily determine whether you are running Microsoft Outlook 32 bit or 64 bit subversion.
In this blog, we have discussed the step by step guide for users to find whether you are running Microsoft Outlook 32 bit or Microsoft Outlook 64 bit application in your system. You can follow the steps provided above to check out the subversion according to the major version of Outlook you are using.