Most of the time Outlook users face Outlook error 0x80070057. It is one of the most common errors. In this blog, we will discuss why this error occurs and how to fix this issue. Moreover, we provide you with an advanced solution to fix the issue. So, read the article carefully.
Download Free PST Repair Tool to fix Outlook 0x80070057 Error and repair Outlook PST file mailboxes from their corrupt stage and move them to a healthy PST, EML, DBX, MSG, MBOX, VCF, ICS, HTML, and Text file.
Outlook errors are one of the most frequent problems faced by Outlook users. It seems quite difficult to resolve. However, anyone with some basic Outlook knowledge can resolve these issues. It depends upon the reason for the error message.
Before directly jumping to the solution to this Outlook issue, we will first cover different reasons that cause the Outlook error message.
Why Does Outlook Error 0x80070057 Occur?
To fix any issue, you need to know the reason first. It helps you to use the most suitable method. There are different reasons for the error code 0x80070057. We will discuss some of the most common causes of this Outlook issue.
- Malware and virus attacks
- Outlook data file corruption
- Damaged registry entries
- Corrupt Outlook profile
- Hard disk failure
- Sudden shutdown
These are the most common reasons for Outlook error 0x80070057. Now, it is time to learn how to fix Microsoft Outlook error code 0x80070057.
How to Fix Outlook Send Receive Error 0x80070057?
As per the causes for the Outlook errors, there are different techniques to resolve error code 0x80070057 in Outlook. You can opt for the DIY approach that requires you to perform some manual steps. This approach is free of cost. Let us check some of the most effective manual techniques to fix the Outlook 0x80070057 error.
#1. Re-install MS Outlook Application
- Go to the Control Panel and choose the Uninstall Programs option.
- Now, select the Office setup and click on the Uninstall
- After uninstalling the Office program. Install the latest MS Office setup.
It will resolve the Outlook error 0x80070057. However, if the above procedure does not work, opt for the next procedure.
#2. Run System File Checker (SFC)
- Type cmd in the Windows search bar to search Command Prompt.
- Right-click on the cmd option and select the Run as Administrator
- Now, a User Account Control pop-up will appear to ask for permission. Click Yes to allow.
- In the Command Prompt, type sfc/scannow and press the Enter button to start the scan.
#3. Update Device Driver
- Open the Control Panel in your system.
- Select the Hardware and Sound option from it.
- Next, click on the Device Manager option.
- After that, expand the Disk Drives option in the appeared Window.
- Now, select the available disk driver.
- Right-click on it and choose theUpdate Driver Software option.
- After that, follow the instructions, and the disk driver gets updated.
If updating the device driver does not resolve error code 0x80070057 in Outlook, you can try updating Windows.
#4. Update Windows
- First, open the Control Panel in your system.
- After that, click on the System and Security option.
- Choose the Windows Update option to update the current Windows.
- Check the latest Windows Update and select download and install the update.
- It will update your Windows to the updated version.
The above technique will surely resolve the Outlook error 0x80070057 issue. But if the method does not work, you can perform the below methods.
#5. Repair Outlook PST File
Outlook data files consist of all the mailbox items in your system. So, their corruption leads to different types of Outlook error messages. Now, Microsoft provides you with an inbuilt utility to repair the damaged Outlook data file: SCANPST.exe.
Follow the below instructions to repair the corrupt Outlook PST file.
- Open File Explorer in your system and go to the following location.
- Outlook 2019 and 2016 – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- Outlook 2013 – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\
- Outlook 2010 – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\
- Outlook 2007 – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\
- Launch the exe to repair the damaged file.
- Now, click on the Browse button to add the desired file.
- Choose the damaged PST file and press Open to add it.
- After that, click on the Start button to initiate file scanning.
- Next, click on the Repair button to repair the damaged file.
- At last, a Repair Complete pop-up will appear on the screen. Click OK to close it.
What if the SCANPST.exe Fails to Repair Outlook Data File?
The scanpst.exe is an inbuilt utility to repair damaged Outlook files. However, it cannot fix all types of file corruption. Sometimes, it fails in recovering your valuable data from the damaged file. In such situations, you will require a professional tool to repair damaged Outlook data files.
DRS PST Recovery Tool is the most recommended application to repair PST files and resolve the Outlook error 0x80070057 issue. It is competent enough to troubleshoot any type of file corruption and restore the file to its original state without disturbing the file integrity. Moreover, it provides you with advanced features to facilitate PST Recovery. Hence, it is the most appropriate software to recover damaged Outlook PST files.
The Outlook error 0x80070057 code is a common Outlook issue. It arises because of various reasons. However, corrupted data files are one of the most prominent causes of this issue. So, repairing these files will surely resolve the issue. The best solution is the DRS PST Recovery Tool.