Windows Live Mail (WLM) is a freeware email service provider. However, WLM is now discontinued by Microsoft. Sometimes the user faces error 0x800ccc90 Windows Live Mail while accessing their important database. The reason behind the 0x800ccc90 live mail error can be the issues with login in WLM due to corruption or either it received any invalid response from POP3 server. Generally, the error occurs at the time of installation. Due to this error, users can not be able to login to the email application.
Let’s understand the reasons for Windows Live Mail error 0x800ccc90.
Reasons Behind 0x800ccc90 Windows Live Mail Error
There are various reasons behind the error 0x800ccc90 in Windows Live Mail. Some of these reasons are mentioned below.
- Deletion of the Windows Live Mail core files unfortunately.
- Corrupt software downloaded from the internet or interruptions in downloading.
- Due to the corruption in Windows registry for various reasons like virus, trojan horse, malware, etc.
- Change in default settings can cause registry corruption and restricts the ability to run the email program.
Manual Process to Fix 0x800ccc90 Windows Live Mail Error
Users can repair Windows Live Mail error 0x800ccc90 by many ways. Here we have listed the step by step manual solution for the users reference. Follow the given steps below.
- Go to the Registry and repair all entries linked with error 0x800ccc90 Windows Live Mail.
- Use a trusted antivirus program to perform the scanning of your system.
- Right-click on the drive and select Properties. Then click on disk cleanup to remove the junk files from the system.
- Update all the system drivers.
- Check for the Windows update and update the window.
The manual approach provided above is a tricky solution and does not provide a fix solution. So, it is recommended to move WLM to another secure and trusted email client such as Outlook.
How to Fix Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc90 Professionally?
If the issue remains unresolved even after performing the above process, then we would suggest to move from Windows Live mail to another email client. Users can use an alternate solution DRS EML file converter tool which can easily export all the WLM mailbox data to Outlook PST file format. It is easier to work on Outlook PST files than that on the Windows Live Mail EML files. As Microsoft has now discontinued the services of WLM application, so converting EML to PST would be the perfect solution to fix 0x800ccc90 Windows Live Mail windows 10 error. The utility offers several amazing features as listed below.
Salient Features of EML File Converter
- Smoothly exports EML files to PST, MSG, MBOX, PDF, OST, TXT, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Office 365, Thunderbird, etc.
- Batch conversion is possible.
- Supports 25+ email clients that support EML files.
- No file size limitations.
- Smooth user-friendly GUI.
- Supports all the versions of Windows and Mac OS.
- The free version allows users to export upto 50 emails for free.
Above, we have discussed methods to resolve 0x800ccc90 Windows Live Mail error to the query – how to fix windows live mail errors. We have provided both manual as well as professional ways to fix the error. It is recommended to use the professional method as the manual process is quite lengthy and tedious and working on Outlook is much easier than working on the EML files.