Gmail email service provider provides 15 GB of total space for data storage. It includes space for everything from Google Drive to Google Photos. In this digital world, 15 GB storage is not enough to store their complete mailbox data. Once the storage space is full, the user will start facing issues in accessing their important Gmail data and in sending and receiving email messages. To resolve the “how to free up space in Gmail” issue, we are here with a detailed guide and the most reliable and effective solution. Many users have queries with how to free space in Gmail.
One of the foremost reasons for filling up storage so quickly is piling up the unseen email messages.These email messages consist of most of the data that you have never even seen. You need to delete them to free up space in your Gmail account. Another way to free space is to delete all the emails that contain attachments.
Checking the Storage Space to Fix “How to Free Up Space In Gmail”
You can manage the Gmail account storage by analysing the storage space distribution as the space is distributed among Gmail, Google Drive and Google Photos. To the query “how to check storage space in Gmail”, you can follow the below steps to analyse the storage:
- Open the Browser on your PC.
- Type URL: https://www.google.com/settings/storage
- Login to your Google account.
- The storage window will open. You can check the storage of Gmail, Google Photos and Google Drive.
Delete Unwanted Emails, Files and Attachments
The easiest method to resolve “how to free up Gmail space” is to delete the unnecessary photos, emails and attachments. There is a limitation with Gmail that it doesn’t allow users to delete just attachments and retain the emails. If you use the Gmail app in your mobile phone, then there can be chances that Google Photos get auto-synced with all your images and videos. So, you can remove the unnecessary Google Photos to free up space and resolve “how can I free up space in my gmail account” query. Make sure to create a backup to all your photos before removing them.
- Open Google Drive on your computer system and then remove all the unwanted files one by one.
- Go to the “Trash” folder once you are done with removing all the unnecessary files and then permanently delete all the files.
Gmail to Gmail Migration to Fix “How to Clear Space in Gmail Issue”
If all the Gmail emails are important to you and you don’t want to remove any message or attachment then you can migrate the data to another Gmail account for free. We have mentioned the step by step process below that you can follow for migration from one Gmail account to another.
- Create a New Gmail account.
- Open the Gmail account from where you want to migrate the data and go to the settings.
- Go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and enable POP for all mail. In the drop-down, select “Delete Gmail’s copy” option.
- Open the newly created Gmail account and go to the settings.
- Go to Accounts and Import tab and click on the Import mail and contacts.
- In the new window, enter the email address from where you need to import files and hit continue.
- Now click on the Allow button to give permissions to import files.
- Choose the options to import and click on the Start Import button.
- Once the importing process is completed, you’ll be able to see all the migrated data in your new Gmail account.
These are the steps to migrate Gmail data from one account to another Gmail account. One major issue with this manual method is that the process is more lengthy and it will consume more time. There is also a risk of data loss due to the human error.
Use Automated Gmail Backup Tool to Fix “How to Free Up Space in Gmail” Issue
As there are limitations and risks of using the manual technique, so users can also use the most reliable and recommended Gmail Backup Tool. The utility is capable of creating a backup of all the Gmail mailbox items with all the attachments on a hard drive or local machine. Users can save Gmail data in various file formats like EML, PST, MSG, MBOX, PDF, etc. The tool offers some amazing features for its users and some of the features we have listed below.
Key Features Of the Utility
- Save Gmail emails in different file formats like PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, PDF, etc.
- No technical knowledge is required.
- It directly exports Gmail emails to another email client such as Yahoo, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.
- The unwanted Gmail emails can be excluded using the date range feature.
- Exports all the attachments including contacts, PPTs, etc.
- Easy user-friendly GUI.
- The free version of the Gmail backup tool allows users to backup 50 emails for free.
The automated tool is a perfect solution to fix “How to free up space in Gmail” issue. Also, it is one of the quickest and hassle-free solutions of backup Gmail emails.
In this blog, we have discussed the methods to resolve the query “how to free up space in Gmail” issue. But also we have seen there are limitations with the manual techniques, so it is suggested to use the smart solution to fix “how to clear gmail storage” issue using the advanced Gmail backup tool.