Summary: If you are planning to merge Outlook archive files into one, this blog proves to be helpful for you. Here, we will share some easy and effective methods to merge multiple archive PST files to other PST File. After that, we suggest you the best and most reliable tool to join Outlook data files. So, read the article till the end.
What are Outlook Archive Files?
Outlook Archive files or Outlook data files (PST) are the backup files that store mailbox items locally. These files help you to restore your mailbox data in case of accidental file deletion or in other data loss scenarios. Outlook data files are also beneficial because it prevents you from reaching your Outlook mailbox to the maximum size limit. After backing up your emails, you can delete old emails to free up space for new emails.
When you create multiple PST files to save your mailbox data, it may confuse you. You can not identify which file contains the required mailbox items. It also creates clutter. Therefore, you will require to merge multiple PST files into one. We will share some easy methods to join Outlook data files. But first, let us check what leads users to merge PST files.
Why Do You Need to Merge Archive Files or Other PST Files?
Every user who wants to merge two Outlook archive PST files may have a different reason. However, there are certain common causes that lead you to join multiple PST files into one. Below we mention a few of them.
- Combining multiple Outlook archive files into one makes it easy to share complete mailbox data. You do not require exporting each item separately.
- You can easily look up your mailbox data when you have multiple PST files combined into one. On the contrary, it is difficult to search for particular information in different files.
- Another significant reason for merging multiple PST files is that managing a single archive file is comparatively easier than managing multiple files.
These are some of the most prominent causes that lead you to merge Outlook archive files. Now, we show you, how can you merge archive folders in Outlook?
Manual Methods to Merge Two Archive PST Files in Outlook 2016 and 2019
Anyone who uses Outlook can easily merge the Outlook archive files without any trouble. The manual approach is easy and effective. You do not need to go through multiple complicated steps to join Outlook PST files. Also, if you want more flexibility and customization in joining Outlook PST files, you can choose the professional Outlook PST merger. First, let us check how to merge Outlook data files manually.
#1. Move Data from One PST File to Another
- First, click the File button and choose the Open & Export
- Select the Open Outlook Data File option and locate the desired PST file. Click Open.
- The PST file will appear in the Outlook mailbox.
- Repeat this procedure to add the second PST file you want to merge.
- Now, open the file and select the desired mailbox items.
- Drag the selected items and drop them into the destination PST file.
- It will merge Outlook archive file content.
#2. Use the Import/Export Feature
Alternatively, you can also merge Outlook archive files by using the Import/Export feature of Outlook. But first, you have to create a new Outlook PST file. In this newly created file, import the Outlook archive files you want to merge. Follow the below steps.
- Open MS Outlook in your system. Click on the down arrow adjacent to the New Email
- After that, select the More items option and then choose the Outlook data file
- Give a suitable name and location to this Outlook PST file.
- Now, you will see the newly created PST file appear in the left section of the screen.
- Click on the File and then choose the Open & Export Hit the Import/Export icon.
- Select the Import from another program or file option and click Next.
- Choose the Outlook data file (.pst) option and press the Next button.
- After that, select the newly created PST file as the destination and hit Next.
- Click the Browse button and select the PST file you want to merge.
- Tick the Do not import duplicates option to merge PST Files without duplicates and press the Next button.
- Repeat this procedure to import another Outlook PST file you want to merge.
The above two methods allow you to merge multiple Outlook archive files. If you want to merge Outlook PST files in an existing PST file, opt for the first method. On the other hand, to save emails in a new PST file, you have to perform the second method. Thus, you can easily join Outlook archive files manually.
Despite being effective, the manual methods have some restrictions that make this approach infeasible for many users. So, the best alternative for the manual methods to merge multiple PST files is a professional Outlook PST splitter.
Professional Solution to Merge Multiple Archive PST Files
If you are looking for a more advanced solution to merge archive files to other PST on Windows PC, DRS PST Merge Tool is the most effective and secure software to combine multiple PST files into one. It provides you with various features for accurate PST merging. Moreover, you can use this application for all versions of PST files as it supports Outlook data files created by any Outlook version.
For mac users who want to join multiple Outlook archive files, we suggest DRS PST Combiner for mac. It offers the same effectiveness as the Windows utility but it exclusively works for Mac PCs. This mac utility is highly intuitive and widely compatible with Mac OS versions above 10.8.
I hope after reading this blog, you have learned how to merge Outlook archive files manually and professionally. The manual methods are effective but do not ensure complete data protection and flexibility during file merging. Therefore, we suggest you a professional tool that can merge any number of PST files in a few simple steps. Also, if you are a mac user, you can use its mac versions to merge Outlook data files on mac.
Download Scanpst.exe and repair corrupted PST file
How To Merge Duplicate Contacts In Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019