If you want to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace, read the complete article. It explains why users need to migrate emails from cPanel to Google Workspace and how they can migrate cPanel webmail emails to G Suite accounts. At last, we suggest the most advanced solution to migrate your emails to G Suite efficiently.
cPanel emails are the web-hosting email service provided by your hosting provider. With that, you can send, receive and manage your emails. It provides you with all the conventional services of an email provider. Also, you can add your cPanel email account to desktop-based email clients, like Outlook, Thunderbird, Opera Mail, etc.
Google Workspace is a collection of collaboration and productivity tools of Google like Drive, Gmail, Meet, etc. It provides various services to manage businesses of all sizes. Gmail is the webmail service offered by Google. Catered to the requirement of modern users, Gmail has all the features suitable for individuals and businesses.
Although cPanel webmail offers a mailing solution, it lacks numerous advanced features that are offered by Gmail. Let us check some prominent reasons for migrating emails from cPanel to Google Workspace.
Why Migrate cPanel Email to Google Workspace/GSuite?
Users export their mailbox data from cPanel to Google Workspace for many reasons. cPanel webmail is secure and efficient. But it does not provide advanced features. Below we describe some prime benefits that Google Workspace offers.
- Google Workspace has enhanced security options as compared to webmail email accounts.
- Along with email service, it provides many other tools and services that enhance your work.
- Considering the user interface, Gmail has a simple and interactive GUI for a better user experience.
Gmail offers multiple ways for email forwarding and data migration. However, such functionalities are not available in cPanel webmail.
These are the significant reasons for cPanel to Google Workspace migration. It is time to learn methods to migrate cPanel emails to G Suite or Google Workspace.
Migrate Emails from cPanel to Google Workspace Account
The complete procedure to export data from cPanel webmail to Gmail consists of two steps. First, back up your cPanel emails to MBOX file format. After that, import the MBOX file to your Gmail or Google Workspace account using the advanced MBOX file converter tool. Below we explain the step-by-step procedure to transfer emails from cPanel to Google Workspace.
Step 1: Backup cPanel Emails as MBOX File
- Visit your cPanel webmail login page and sign in your cPanel webmail account using required login credentials.
- Open your webmail in Horde. If Roundcube is the default, switch to Horde because it is easier to migrate the cPanel mailbox via Horde.
- Now, right-click on the desired mailbox folder. Select the Export
- Choose the Download into an MBOX file option and hit OK.
Step 2: Import MBOX to Gmail/Google Workspace
The next step to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace is to import the MBOX file to Gmail. The manual method for the same is not available. Therefore, we suggest you use the professional DRS MBOX File Converter Tool. It securely migrates your MBOX file to your Gmail email account. Moreover, you can filter out all the unnecessary mailbox data. Follow the below steps to import MBOX to your Gmail email account.
- Download the DRS MBOX File Converter Tool. Run it as administrator.
- Click on the Browse button and choose the desired MBOX file. Press Open.
- After that, you will see the mailbox preview. Choose desired items and hit the Next buton.
- Expand the Save/Backup/Migrate As field and select Gmail.
- Provide the appropriate Gmail username and app password. Press Sign In.
- Select the remaining migration options according to your requirement and hit the Convert button.
After performing the above steps, you can easily migrate cPanel webmail data in Google Workspace or G Suite email account. It is the most efficient way to migrate your mailbox data. Moreover, we suggest a more advanced solution that enables you to migrate your cPanel emails to your Gmail account directly.
Also Know: How to Transfer Google Workspace Data From One Account to Another
Automated Solution to Transfer cPanel Email to Gmail Account
DRS IMAP Backup Tool is the most efficient solution to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace account. This application enables you to migrate any IMAP-enabled email account to G Suite, Office 365, Gmail, and another IMAP account. It provides a simple user interface and multiple advanced features for precise and accurate migration. Moreover, the application maintains data integrity during migration. Above all, the application is widely compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
Step to Migrate cPanel emails to Google Workspace
- Download and install the DRS IMAP Backup Tool. Run it as administrator.
- After that, click the Add Row button to add a new row to enter login details.
- Provide the cPanel webmail address, password, port, and host. Click Next to proceed.
- Now, you will see the mailbox folders of your cPanel webmail. Choose desired items and press Next.
- Expand the file format/email clients field and choose G Suite as the destination. Hit Next.
- Click on the Login It will redirect you to the G Suite login page. Provide suitable login credentials.
- After successfully signing in, select the remaining migration options according to your requirement.
- At last, click on the Convert button to start the migration.
The manual method to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace consists of two steps. First, you need to back up your cPanel webmail email in MBOX file format. Then, you have to migrate MBOX to Gmail via a professional MBOX file converter. Another solution to directly migrate cPanel webmail emails to Google Workspace is the DRS IMAP Backup Tool. It enables you to directly migrate IMAP-enabled webmail to G Suite, Gmail, Office 365, and another IMAP account.