Summary: The best solution to transfer Google Workspace data from one account to another is DRS Gmail Backup Tool. It allows you to migrate Google Drive, Contacts, Calendars, Gmail, Photos, and Hangout Chats. Moreover, the application is quite interactive that any non-technical user can use it efficiently.
Google offers numerous productivity, cloud computing, and collaboration tools. The collection of all the Google products is known as Google Workspace. You can use all these services with a Gmail account and integrate one application with another if required.
Google provides a cloud storage space of 15 GB in the free plan. To get more space, you need to purchase premium plans. Also, with a paid subscription, you will get an admin panel, and you can add multiple user accounts.
Sometimes, users have to transfer their Google Workspace data from one account to another. We provide some of the most significant reasons to export your data from one Google account to the other.
Also Read: How to Perform G Suite to Office 365 Migration – Step by Step Guide
Why Transfer Google Workspace Data to Another Account?
Now, you might think that Google Workspace has all the features users want, ‘Why do people want Google workspace data transfer?’ The reason to migrate Google workspace data varies from person to person. Some of the most common causes are
- Job Switch: If you plan to change your company, you need to export all your personal data to another account.
- To Free up Storage: Migrating data to another account helps you free up some space for saving new data.
- Share Workspace Data: Sometimes, you need to share all your important files with another person. In such a scenario, migrating Google Workspace data will be beneficial.
These are the most prominent reasons for migrating your data. There are even more reasons on the list. Till now, you have learned what Google Workspace is and why it is beneficial to migrate Google Workspace items. It is time to explore how to migrate the Google data.
How to Transfer Data from One Google Workspace Account to Another?
As you know, there might be various reasons to migrate data from Google Workspace to another. Two different approaches to exporting your data are available. You can opt for anyone as per your requirement. In the first approach, you initiate the migration using your Google Admin Console. While in the automatic method, you use a professional tool.
First, let us check the manual way to migrate your Google Workspace data. Follow the below steps.
- Go to the Google Admin Console and log in via admin credentials.
- Now, search for the Data Migration option and click on it.
- In the new window, press the Setup Migration option.
- It will open the configure data migration service window, select the Migration Source as Google Workspace and press the Start button.
- After that, choose the Migrate Start Date and Migration Options and then click on the Select Users button.
- Now, click on the Add user button. It will open a wizard that allows you to specify the source Google workspace account.
- Enter the source Google Workspace email address and password. Then, mention the email address of the destination account. Click on the Start button.
Note: You might require to Authorize the Source email address before initiating the migration.
The above procedure will initiate the migration of Google Workspace items like Google Drive, Gmail, Contacts, and Calendar to another account. These are the two most effective ways to export your data. The biggest problem with these methods is that they are quite sophisticated.
Users refrain from performing complex procedures. They want a quick and easy-to-perform solution. Therefore, we bring you the most efficient solution to transfer google workspace data to another account.
Professional Solution to Transfer Data Between Google Workspace Accounts
DRS Gmail Email Backup Tool is an easy and efficient tool to transfer email from Google Workspace to another account. You need not log in to your Admin console or cloud console to perform the migration. This prominent utility can also backup Google Drive, Contacts, Calendars, Photos, Gmail, and Hangout Chats. All these features, with a simple and interactive GUI. It is an ideal solution for both beginners and advanced users.
After reading this article, you have learned how to transfer Google Workspace data from one account to another. Moreover, we also described the most significant reasons for migration. Among different approaches, the best way to migrate your Google data is through using a professional tool.
How do I transfer data from Google Workspace to another account?
Follow the below steps to migrate Google Workspace data from one account to another.
- Login to your Google Account Admin Console.
- Now, click on the Data Migration
- After that, choose the Setup Migration
- Choose Google Workspace in the Source account field and press Start.
- Next, define the migration start date and other options. Press Select Users.
- At last, type the source and destination account details and initiate the migration.
How do I merge two Google Workspace accounts?
You can not merge two Google Workspace accounts directly. You need to delete at least one of them to export complete data.
Is it possible to transfer data from Google Workspace to Gmail?
Yes, you can migrate from Google Workspace to Gmail. The procedure is similar to that of migrating data from one Google Workspace account to another.
When you delete a Google Workspace user, which of the following data can be transferred during the process of deletion?
You can transfer all the data available to Google Drive. However, you need to migrate Gmail emails and contacts manually.