Summary: If you plan to move email from Office 365 to Gmail email account, read this article carefully because here we will explain some simple methods to transfer emails from Office 365 to Gmail. Also, we suggest a professional tool to migrate your emails.
Microsoft Office 365 is widely used by organizations because it has functionalities suitable for all sizes of businesses. It provides you with a complete package of productivity tools, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., to use over the cloud. Despite that, most users are migrating their mailbox data from Office 365 to their Gmail email accounts.
We will learn about how to move email from Office to Gmail. But before that, let us explore the reasons for exporting the mailbox data.
Why Move Email from Office 365 to Gmail Account?
Before learning how to migrate email from Office 365 to a Gmail email account, it is better to understand the main reasons for migrating mailbox data. Below we mention some of the most common reasons that lead you to migrate Office 365 data.
- The first and most common reason for migrating Office 365 emails to Gmail is accessibility. You can easily access Gmail emails as compared to Office 365.
- Office 365 has various functionalities that require technical expertise. Thus, users prefer Gmail for its easy working and simple and interactive GUI.
- Gmail is a free email service that offers 15 GB of storage, although it has premium plans. While Microsoft has premium plans, you will only get limited functionalities in the free version.
Now, let us check how to move email from Office 365 to Gmail.
Manual Approach to Transfer Emails from Office 365 to Gmail
Gmail offers an inbuilt functionality to import mail and contacts from various POP3 accounts. You can use this feature to move Office 365 email to Gmail. You must have the login credentials of the desired Office 365 account. Along with that, you will also require the POP3 server and port to migrate your mailbox data.
Follow the below steps to migrate emails from Office 365 to Gmail email account.
- Login to your Gmail email account.
- Click on the Gear icon at the top right corner.
- After that, select the See all Settings option.
- Switch to the Account and Import tab.
- Click on the Import Mail and Contacts option.
- An import mail wizard will appear. Provide your Office 365 email address and hit Continue.
- Enter the Office 365 account password, POP Username, and POP Server in their respective fields.
- Select Port to 995 and tick the Use SSL option. Click on the Continue button to proceed further.
- After verifying account details, select the Office items you want to import (Contacts and emails). Click Start Import to initiate the migration.
- At last, you will see the completion message. Press OK to close.
It is the complete procedure to move email from Office 365 to Gmail. Performing the above steps, you can easily migrate your mailbox data. However, some restrictions are associated with this DIY approach.
Limitations of the Manual Method
- The manual approach of migrating emails from Office 365 to Gmail is time-consuming. It can take 2 – 3 days to export complete mailbox data.
- If you do not know the POP3 server and port of your Office 365, the complete procedure will become complicated.
- It might alter the data consistency and folder hierarchy while moving emails from Office 365 to Gmail.
- With the manual approach, you can not migrate only specific emails. Instead, it will export complete mailbox data.
These are some major drawbacks of the manual method. Because of this, users do not prefer this approach to transfer Office 365 email to Gmail. Also, we suggest you choose a professional tool to migrate Office 365 emails.
Professional Solution to Move Mail from Office 365 to Gmail
DRS Email Migration Tool is the most recommended utility to move email from Office 365 to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, Thunderbird, and many other email clients. You can also back up your mailbox locally as PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, HTML, PDF, etc. For precise backup, the application offers numerous advanced features. Moreover, if you want to backup Office 365 to PST, we suggest you opt the DRS Office 365 Email Backup Tool.
Feature of DRS Email Migration Tool
- It migrates emails from all user mailboxes of the selected Office 365 account.
- Remove duplicate mailbox items while migrating Office 365 emails.
- The free-up server space feature will delete Office 365 emails from the server after completing the migration.
- Advanced date range mail filter feature to export emails of a particular date range.
- The software has a very simple and intuitive GUI for a better user experience.
- Widely compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
How to Move Email from Office 365 to Gmail
Follow the below steps to transfer emails from Office 365 to Gmail email account.
- Download and install the DRS Email Migration Software. Run it as administrator.
- After that, choose Office 365 in the source field.
- Enter the login credentials of the Office 365 account and hit the Sign In button.
- Select the user mailboxes and click on the Next button.
- Choose the mailbox items from the preview and hit the Next button.
- Now, expand the Save/Backup/Migrate As field and select Gmail email account.
- Provide the Gmail email address and app password. Click the Sign in button.
- Select the migration options per your requirements and click the Convert button.
After performing the above procedure, your Office emails will get migrated effectively.
After reading this article, you have learned why users want to move email from Office 365 to Gmail email account. We describe how to add Office 365 email to Gmail. However, this approach is not suitable for some users. Therefore, we suggest the best professional Email Migration Software for fast and effective migration of Office 365 emails to Gmail accounts.