Are you fed up with the old version of Outlook? Let us upgrade Outlook 2010 to 2016 by following the below steps. In this blog, I am going to tell you the easiest methods on how to upgrade Microsoft Office 2010 to 2016 for free without data loss. If a user regularly works on Outlook, the old version of Outlook might slow them down.
So, they should migrate Outlook 2010 to 2016. This will help beginners as well as the professional users a lot. The new version includes lots of mind-blowing features that I am going to discuss below.
What is an Outlook?
Outlook allows you to send and receive email messages, manage your calendar, store the names and numbers of your contacts, and track your tasks. However, even if you use Outlook every day, you might not know some of the cool things it can do to help you be more productive.
Let’s find out the reasons to upgrade from Outlook 2010 to 2016
Why Do We Need to Upgrade Outlook 2010 to 2016?
There are plenty of reasons to upgrade from Outlook 2010 to 2016. Some of them are given below.
- Speed is a major factor if you are an Outlook user. The Outlook 2016 is way faster than the old version.
- New features are introduced in Outlook 2016.
- Outlook 2016 can hold 50 gigs while Outlook 2010 can receive only 20 gigs. Outlook 2016 can hold lots of mail as compared to Outlook 2010.
- The user can add more mail accounts easily.
- A new interface feature that is probably welcomed by most tablet users is tablet rotation support and a good design.
- If you click on the Attach File icon it will now open a menu instead of a browser dialog box.
Also Read: Outlook PST in Use and Cannot be Accessed
Let’s follow the steps below and easily upgrade your old Outlook to the new one.
How to Update Microsoft Office 2010 to 2016
Normally, there are only two methods, the Manual and the Professional Method.
I will explain both the methods in simple words that beginners can understand easily. We will cover the Manual method in three parts that are free to use but they may cause data loss as well. Let’s begin by exporting from the old version so that our data remains safe.
Manual Method 1- Exporting Outlook 2010 PST files to PST
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your PC and click the File tab. Click on Options.
- Select the Advanced icon. You can now export the PST file from Outlook by tapping the Export button.
- Select the Export to a file option in the Import and Export wizard and click Next.
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click on the Next button.
- Next, select the folder you want to export and click on Next.
- Moving Forward, click on the Browse button and pick the appropriate location to export your file. After that, press Finish.
- Sometimes, a dialogue box will appear for authentication. If asked, type your password then press OK.
By using the above method, you will be able to successfully export PST from Outlook 2010. Now, you have to upgrade the old version of Outlook into the latest Outlook 2016. In the next section, we will tell you how to upgrade Outlook 2010 to 2016.
Step 2- Update Outlook 2010 to 2016.
Before upgrading the Outlook, users have to update the MS Office first. Underneath, I will explain you how to update Microsoft Office 2010 to 2016.
- Install Microsoft Office 2016 from our Microsoft account or you can install it from the Microsoft store.
- Second, just sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Now just click on install, it will also download the setup .exe file to your computer.
- Press and open the setup file, it will run and upgrade Outlook 2010 to 2016.
- After completion of the process, you can see that the upgrade from Outlook 2010 to 2016 is now being completed.
Now, we are moving towards the last step, which is to import our useful data to the new Outlook.
Step 3- Importing the PST File Data to Outlook 2016
Let us learn how to import the exporting PST Outlook 2010 file in the new version. Follow the given instructions in a proper sequence.
- Open the Outlook 2016 version on your system.
- Click and open the File tab.
- Hit the Open & Export tab.
- Click on the Import/Export icon to import the PST file.
- Now, choose the Import File From Another Program or File option from the Import and Export wizard. Press Next.
- In the Next step, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and tap on the Next button.
- Click on the Browse button to save the imported file at a specific folder and press the Open button.
- At last, tick the folder or either include all subfolders and hit the Finish button to upgrade Outlook 2010 to 2016.
Now, I have shown you the manual method above. While performing the manual method there is a high chance of data loss and corruption of the Outlook data. Hence, to cater such issues, DRS PST Recovery Tool would be the first choice. It will help you in maintaining the data hierarchy and originality of the Outlook files after performing recovery process.
In a nutshell, I explained all the methods to upgrade Outlook 2010 to 2016 manually. You can follow the above-mentioned steps to complete the Outlook upgrade. However, while performing manual methods there are chances when your Outlook data becomes inaccessible. Hence, relying on a professional tool can help you in getting back your crucial data in its original state.